Americanized facility to be built in Sweden? (Viking Motor Park)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strittan
  • 1 comments
  • 4,233 views

Strittan

Premium
Messages
4,246
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
Strittan
Many of you may have heard about or seen Gotland Ring, being built on the Swedish island of Gotland. However, another facility will perhaps be built in Sweden during the near future as well! Outside of Enköping to be more specific. Nothing is certain yet, but from what I've been reading, things look pretty bright I have to say.

vmp_layout.gif


Road Course - 4.3 km long and FIA Grade One classified

Oval Course - 1.2 km (¾ mile), designed like Richmond International Raceway in Virginia, USA.

Drag Strip - American style drag racing facility with NHRA level safety.

Now I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping this will happen! :drool:
 
I have to say ... the circuit doesn't loook that challenging, especially for a Category-1 circuit. Most of the corners are very similar to one another, and the presence of the drag stip means that it's unlikely that there will be any kind of inclines. I know Sears Point has an uphill dragstrip (or is it downhill?), but I can't image that it would be particularly good for the time. Then again, I know nothing of drag racing, so maybe it make no difference ... but the plan shows no indication of inclines.
 
Back