AMG 55 225mph??!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter dhebard
  • 11 comments
  • 1,194 views
Messages
108
Messages
donoman3000
yep, no joke, believe it.

i bought the thing this afternoon in the UCD and tuned it to the max, i'm well over 800hp and on the Mulsanne (no chicanes) i easily hit over 225mph. did the engine rebuild so i expect 5 or 10 more hp once the engine is broken in as well, perhaps this thing can top 230??

just amazing to me that a sedan can do this! are there any other "sleepers" like this i should know about?

happy racing!

-d
 
I doubt engine will break in for a used car.
 
There's a honda odyssey minivan, I just got it. Not sure what you can tune it to, but should be fun nonetheless, oh and its 4wd.

Edit: 406 HP, this thing can mess with Ford GTs!
 
Last edited:
I doubt engine will break in for a used car.

as far as i understand, when you do the engine rebuild, it's as if the engine is brand new and so yes there is a break in. not 100% on that but pretty sure?

in any case, i'm stoked to have a 4-door luxury sedan that can run with some of the fastest race cars in the came as far as top end speed!

-d
 
Here are a few more, as well as submissions from people who think that taking an M249 SAW to a knife fight is 'subtle'.

Quick but subtle cars.
 
My AMG 65 I can almost guarantee will hit 230 MPH but I havent tested it.

It is close to 1000 hp though and has over 900 ft lb of torque
 
A stock Skyline GTR can hit 200 MPH
 
I remember when Mercedes put out that ride. The AMG 55 will smoke a stock Porsche. I just picked on up and I can wait to take it out.
 
Last edited:
I have two E55s; one that's stock except for tires, which I enjoy driving, and another untouched one... thank-you for inspiring my next project car!👍
 
My AMG 65 I can almost guarantee will hit 230 MPH but I havent tested it.

It is close to 1000 hp though and has over 900 ft lb of torque

would you trade that for anything?
 
Back