AMG Academy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam-1990
  • 9 comments
  • 1,189 views
Messages
19
Messages
Sam-1990
I'm currently stuck on the Beginner second stage, I use a DS3, and was wondering if it is possible to gold all of these with said controller? If so, can someone tell me a decent setup, or any tips?

I don't really want to move on with this challenge until I've golded the one I'm on.

Thanks
Sam
 
I got Gold on them all using DS3. Not much more than practice.
 
It's probably one of the easier challenges IMO. Without too much effort, I silvered every race in the AMG Academy.
 
I also got gold on every race in the AMG academy. Practice... that's all that's needed.
 
I just golded the beginner part of the AMG last weekend with a DS3. It is possible, but it will take you a good bit of practice. The car they have you using like to lose a lot of speed upon braking so the key for me was to try and use a little brake input as possible and carry as much speed as I could through the turns. Someone just posted a vid of the gold beginner runs on here a few days ago, try searching for them. FWIW, the third sector in the beginner is by far the hardest so see if you can get that one before even bothering with the others.
 
Its not hard to get gold in these challenges with controller. (this isnt Vettel)
On the dry surfaces, set everything to off, except ABS: 1. (eventually TCS:1)

IMO the hardest AMG challenge is the one on dry surface with SLS, full circuit, where you have to do 7:05:000. but that ones also not very hard to get with controller.

Practise and learn the car, the oldtimer can go faster through bend than you probably think right now. ;)
 
Do you all use MT? I'm rubbish at being in the right gear and at the right speed for the corners, I can only use Automatic.

Is it still possible?
 
Do you all use MT? I'm rubbish at being in the right gear and at the right speed for the corners, I can only use Automatic.

Is it still possible?

I used auto, its possible. Just keep practicing.
 
I'm currently stuck on the Beginner second stage, I use a DS3, and was wondering if it is possible to gold all of these with said controller? If so, can someone tell me a decent setup, or any tips?

I don't really want to move on with this challenge until I've golded the one I'm on.

Thanks
Sam

Yea, I golded all of them except the very last one. But it's very possible with a DS3; matter of fact at this point I think I could gold this easier with the DS3 than a wheel.

I wrote a guide on this first set of AMG trials here...

http://www.gtcarreviews.com/id253.html

I'm not gonna lie...they aren't easy to gold. :scared: One time I got 22.010 on the 2nd Sector. Was SO mad! Gold is 21:000. :indiff:
 
I found that Manual Transmission meant the difference between gold and silver in these events - particularly 3rd gear changes. You can push 3rd gear to 107/108 MPH whilst the AT version changes a lot earlier (4th has very poor acceleration).

I normally use AT but MT is not to bad in this car - there are only 4 gears in the first challenge so you do not have to change too often anyway!
 
Back