Sport Hard

(Comfort Soft for Drift)
381pp
152hp
950kg
52:48 Split
6.25kg/hp

11851392445_d6ef1ce041_b.jpg

I'll start by saying I own and drive a 1987 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex on a daily basis. Once I picked up an AE86 in GT6 it felt worlds better than GT5...BUT...the handling was just numb. The car understeered like crazy and was very difficult to get it to rotate. This is completely unlike the actual car which is VERY active, requires lots of effort, and has no problem rotating with just a touch of throttle. If the real car drove like it does stock in the game...it wouldn't be a very popular car.

11852164856_bf9796d8f1_c.jpg

I spent roughly 4hrs tweeking LSD settings and playing with the suspension and I think i've got it about as close to what my car feels like as possible. I run Dunlop Direzza ZII's on my car so i went for Sport Hard Tires. I'm also running a stock motor with Intake, header, and exhaust so i kept the power low on this tune.

11852164396_407934afaf_c.jpg

The suspension is odd. Do not look at the settings and say "Thats not what the real car has!!" Because i know this. My car is running 8k/6k Greddy Type-S coilovers, but 8k and 6k in the game just doesnt work. Same with the alignment. Real world toe/camber settings will not produce a realistic feel in the game.

11851785054_393da92d9f_c.jpg

Parts Installed:
Full Custom Suspension
Racing Brakes
Engine Tune Stage 1
Computer
Sports Exhaust
Header
Full Adj LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Suspenion:--Front--------Rear
Height_______80_________90
SpringRate__4.50_______6.50
Damp Comp__2___________2
Damp Ext____2___________2
AntiRollBar___1___________3
Camber______0__________.7
Toe _______-.05________-.05

Brake Balance: 9:3

LSD:
Initial - 8
Accel - 20
Decel - 10

Balast:
114kg @ full rear

Note: All tuning was done using a Logitec G27 wheel. Brake balance may need to be tweaked for controller use/personal preference.

I really appreciate any feedback you guys have!

Last edited:
Must try this. I can appreciate the effort trying to put your car into the game and have it feel the way you know it does.

Very satisfying, the car snaps back a bit too much when pushed to the limit but it does feel as a moderately tuned 86 should - very good work 👍

No one try this yet?

I had a few laps yesterday. Very interesting setup. Thanks!

I have never driven a tuned car but the feeling with the tires seems very realistic to me. I will keep this car for sure for some casual hotlapping. It is also good reference to see that my own setups are even close to the real thing… Usually my Trueno would have a bit less grip and more oversteer.

Any chance to get similar real life setup for S2000? :)

Back