An anticipated duel.

• Thread starter Ryoku75
  • 0 comments
United States
MO
Ryoku75
I have a friend (ShuajStarcluster) who I race a bit, always on GP\F. We're a bit of rivals on the circuit and are often the two top competitors in our rooms.

The rooms have no penalties, full damage, clean as can be, 500pp, racing hards, no aids aside from ABS, and road cars only.

So in one race, I asked that Starcluster bring out their best car, an NSX Type R. I brought out my current best car, a gray '03 Legacy Spec.B wagon.

There were other opponents in the race, who ended up leaving due to a very long black screen that we encountered.

The race was just between us, NSX and Legacy, with everyone seemingly roped to a pole (think wacky races), we were neck and neck almost the whole way with my wagon doing a few unintended drifts at times.

At the last mile, my Legacy had barely won the race just ahead of the NSX.
Neither of us made any big mistakes for our 5 laps aside from my drifts.
With no replay (the game froze afterwards), I was only able to get one picture from a friend which I'll post later on.

Coincedence? Who knows, I just know that after this run my Legacy never quite drove as well again. It won by pure luck, and maybe being a bit of a road hog.

After everything was said and done, I moved on to NSX's as my next focus (it was station wagons), Starclusters NSX still works just as it did during our race, if not then better.

Back