An easy way for PD to give us a ton of photo locations

• Thread starter Pseudopod
  • 6 comments
Norway
Norway
What if PD allowed us to remove all track barriers in photo mode? I'm pretty sure some of those stages would have a fantastic view if there wasn't a meter high concrete rail on the sides in a lot of places.

Has anyone else had this thought?

If you went outside them, yeah, but that's not what I mean. You'd place the cars in the same part of the stage where you can normally drive them, not outside of where the barriers are. You'd take pictures from within the normal track area too, but there wouldn't be huge obstructions behind the cars, and instead you'd see the surrounding area. Those areas have high enough textures to be viewed at a distance, as evident when you watch a race replay and the camera is higher up in the air and you see over the obstacles.

You'd be able to place cars precisely in the location you want, as well as a secondary car like in the regular photo mode, instead of having to do it the roundabout way by doing a race there and hope the other cars happen to drive in a way that makes for cool photos, afterwards.

Last edited:
So are you saying places where the yellow areas are?

upload_2014-10-26_16-23-19.png

No, what should I want those areas for?

I also mistyped something in my previous post, in case that lead to a bit of confusion. I've fixed it now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if nurb is the best example, but if you go to bathurst, I'm sure you could take some cool pictures from the top of the mountain if the advertisement boards and concrete blocks weren't in the way.

Anyway I'm typing from my phone at work so I'll explain better when I get home.

Last edited:
Back