"An error occurred during installation" 1.10 - how do I back up my game status?

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
It's looking like I need to remove GT6 and start again, but I don't want to lose my game status. However, I can't find a place where I can copy the game save files to a USB drives.

Here's the fuller story.

I have three PS3s in my rig, and the outer two updated with no issues. The main one just tries repeatedly to instal, and every time it gets "An error occurred during installation".

I have a system backup from a few days ago, so I restored that backup and tried again to do the 1.10 update with the same result.

I do have some prior system backups, so my next step will be to try restoring the second youngest one and see if that works.

At this stage, then, I have a dead GT6 system unless I want to restore and go back to 1.09 and stay offline. :ill:

Any suggestions as to how I can backup my game save(s) so I won't lose all my progress?

You will need a 'Fat32' formatted Flash-drive or External HDD to plug into your PS3, then it is simply a case of going to 'Saved Data Utility (PS3™)' in the XMB on you PS3 and scroll to the GT6 save and press '▲' for options, then 'x' to select copy, then select the 'USB Device' from the next list and hit 'x' again, wait a few seconds and it's done. Saves will be found in the 'PS3/SAVEDATA' folder on the USB Device.

👍

If you are copying multiple saves from different accounts, you will need to do them one at a time and transfer them to individually named folders [per account] on you computer, otherwise it will just be overwritten on the USB device each time.

Last edited:
@nowcontrol, thanks so much for the reply. That's EXACTLY what I was expecting when I explored the menus.

However, when I went to the Saved Data Utility and checked out the options for the GT6 item, there was no option to copy to anything other than the "cloud" as I recall. When my current restore completes (in a few hours), I will check again.

I'm a very puzzled Possum!

However, at least I have a path confirmed for me! Thanks!!

EDIT: I didn't go far enough. I thought the yellow "plus" indicated it was only for Plus functions. Too much assuming!

On my way at last!

Last edited:
Back