An idea for a new cheap DLC/patch

  • Thread starter Thread starter zotobom
  • 23 comments
  • 1,516 views
Messages
427
Netherlands
Oosterhout
Messages
zotobom/ZotoTheSecond
Messages
zotobom
First,Ability to have multiple saves at once is a good feature for this DLC/patch (I don't know if this is already possible on one account,but i'm just leaving it here for the sake of having it here).

Now the actual DLC/patch part.
This would be a really cheap DLC (2 dollars,1 euro or something),or a free patch,but it would enable cheats like ''Give X Credits'' and ''Get X Level''. Using these on a save however render it impossible to race online. This is why I also propose multiple saves,so you can have a legit and a cheaty save. This DLC is mainly because a lot of people think GT5 is less of a racegame,more of a huge car catalogue with races and more cool stuff. Having cheats so you can buy every car available further develops this idea,while retaining the actual racing. It also keeps online fun,so not everyone rolls in a F1 car.
I myself would buy this DLC in a heartbeat. What do you guys think? I'm just posting it here to know what people think. If a few people like it i'll put it on feedback.

Sorry for the many grammar or spelling issues,English isn't my native language...at all.
 
Cheats would completely destroy the basic ethics of what GT is, and is why it will never happen.

Multiple saves are possible, but it's complicated and time consuming. It is much easier just to have multiple accounts setup
 
Cheats would completely destroy the basic ethics of what GT is, and is why it will never happen.

Multiple saves are possible, but it's complicated and time consuming. It is much easier just to have multiple accounts setup

This DLC is mainly because a lot of people think GT5 is less of a racegame,more of a huge car catalogue with races and more cool stuff. Having cheats so you can buy every car available further develops this idea,while retaining the actual racing. It also keeps online fun,so not everyone rolls in a F1 car.

That. It's just for the people who want to. It wouldn't destroy anything. People who don't want it won't even know it's there,because you are automatically disabled from going online by using cheats on that save
 
Cheats ruin the game! It would make any game boring! Why would someone want to actually play the game when they could just "cheat" and get anything they want? Keep those cheats to PC games, away from consoles!

I would also assume that production value of games will drop, why would they want to spend so much time on making a "single player"/"campaign"/A-Spec mode when at least half the people playing, aren't using those modes?
 
It also keeps online fun,so not everyone rolls in a F1 car.

Which surprisingly enough hardly happens, especially with the F1 cars only able to race other (Ferrari) F1 cars (so the whole issue is non-existent, who cares how they got to own an F1 car?) and with PP restrictions and all, nobody enters with an FGT (which strictly isn't an F1 car by the way) or X2010/2011 and if they are foolish enough to do so in a room not dedicated to those cars (if the amount of PP allows it), then they're mostly kicked instantly.

What you're suggesting is a bit strange to be honest, if you'd like to enter online races with every or at least most cars in the game you'd still have to go through the regular way to obtain cars and if you've done that anyway, why would there be a need to create a separate cheat save with the same cars readily available but only useable offline?

I personally don't like the idea of cheats in GT, and I also don't like the idea of paying real money for ingame credits or unlockable content like a lot of games offer as DLC.
They just need to make sure it becomes more fun to earn those credits which isn't really the case in GT5 most of the time, or have other means available (creative ones for example, selling liveries online) to earn credits besides grinding.
 
I have no respect for cheats and won't even pretend to entertain discussion about adding them. If PD would, perhaps after smoking a lot of dope, add such nonsense as described in this thread then... well... whatever, but I'm not going to wish for such lame bullcrap.
 
I agree cheats have no place in gran turismo.

The whole point of it is to earn your credits and your cars.

That being said why would you need cheats when the seasonals offer so much money?
 
That being said why would you need cheats when the seasonals offer so much money?

Because not everyone wants to actually drive in order to obtain something in the driving game, you know?

Stop being so elitist and subjective in forcing the ways others should play the game! If you want to actually drive in the driving game that is your problem mate, there is many others that does not want to drive in the driving game, not even by B-Spec bobs!

Arrogant people everywhere these days, smh.

:D
 
amar212
Because not everyone wants to actually drive in order to obtain something in the driving game, you know?

Stop being so elitist and subjective in forcing the ways others should play the game! If you want to actually drive in the driving game that is your problem mate, there is many others that does not want to drive in the driving game, not even by B-Spec bobs!

Arrogant people everywhere these days, smh.

:D

Damn my bad I thought people would need to drive in a driving game oh my god! I have been playing it wrong!
 
The only reason anyone demands that such a "cheat" is never part of the game, is that they are prepared to spend the required amount of time themselves.

If every credit required a hundred laps driving the ring to earn it, and each car and track cost a ridiculous amount, everyone would drop the elitist nonsense and accept that not everyone has, or wants to have, the time to spend playing monotonously to unlock all the elements of the game they paid for.

The stupid "xp" is meaningless anyway, though, so no sense in letting people "cheat" that. It would be like "cheating" at your total distance driven or something.
 
sinbad
The only reason anyone demands that such a "cheat" is never part of the game, is that they are prepared to spend the required amount of time themselves.

If every credit required a hundred laps driving the ring to earn it, and each car and track cost a ridiculous amount, everyone would drop the elitist nonsense and accept that not everyone has, or wants to have, the time to spend playing monotonously to unlock all the elements of the game they paid for.

The stupid "xp" is meaningless anyway, though, so no sense in letting people "cheat" that. It would be like "cheating" at your total distance driven or something.

If your not prepared to play it the way it was intended then why buy the game?
 
thelvynau
If your not prepared to play it the way it was intended then why buy the game?

In fairness it's not generally advertised on the box the amount if grinding needed to level up to level40.
 
In fairness it's not generally advertised on the box the amount if grinding needed to level up to level40.

I play the game since it is out, and I still haven't reached Lv40 in either A/B Spec. I am sitting somewhere at 39 in both A and B career.

To be honest, I personally find it great - game is still alive for me for 2 years after the release and I haven't *grind* a single race/event yet, with exceptions of few Seasonals here and there - because it is just not really necessary IMO. Where's the rush?

One day, in one point of time - probably during mid-2013 - I will reach both 40's by my regular play (Seasonals for fun, clearing the Careers - still haven't in full - online with my buddies, collecting Remote Race XP from my friends that uses my Bobs, and so on..)

However, that is just my subjective perspective.
 
amar212
I play the game since it is out, and I still haven't reached Lv40 in either A/B Spec. I am sitting somewhere at 39 in both A and B career.

To be honest, I personally find it great - game is still alive for me for 2 years after the release and I haven't *grind* a single race/event yet, with exceptions of few Seasonals here and there - because it is just not really necessary IMO. Where's the rush?

One day, in one point of time - probably during mid-2013 - I will reach both 40's by my regular play (Seasonals for fun, clearing the Careers - still haven't in full - online with my buddies, collecting Remote Race XP from my friends that uses my Bobs, and so on..)

However, that is just my subjective perspective.

Ah respect to you buddy. I'm the same with all games actually. I got board of F1 2010 without even winning a race. I refused to dumb it down and only ran full distance races.

The unfortunate aspect of GT for me is the level cap to buy cars. Unlocking tracks is a bit silly too.

I'm not for having all cars unlocked from the begining, as I'm happy to earn credits to buy cars.

Kaz recently said all this may change in the future anyhow. We will have to see what's instore for the future.
 
Spagetti69
In fairness it's not generally advertised on the box the amount if grinding needed to level up to level40.

Good point but im definately not wanting cheats on gt.
 
I support the idea. I want to drive the Alfa TZ2 and the Lambo Miura, but I am not willing to sit there for hours and hours grinding the same race over and over and over again in order to be able to afford them. The cheats would be entirely optional, so therefore the elitists could just ignore it.
 
X-Power
I support the idea. I want to drive the Alfa TZ2 and the Lambo Miura, but I am not willing to sit there for hours and hours grinding the same race over and over and over again in order to be able to afford them. The cheats would be entirely optional, so therefore the elitists could just ignore it.

Now there is a term thrown around alot just because someone doesnt want cheats in a game doesnt mean they are elitist.
 
Now there is a term thrown around alot just because someone doesnt want cheats in a game doesnt mean they are elitist.

Yes it does. The cheats would be entirely optional and would not affect anyone else. Not wanting them just because you don't like it seems very elitist to me. Remember, not everyone has the time or inclination to grind 20 million credits.
 
X-Power
Yes it does. The cheats would be entirely optional and would not affect anyone else. Not wanting them just because you don't like it seems very elitist to me. Remember, not everyone has the time or inclination to grind 20 million credits.

True enough but its still a bit harsh calling them elitist when they are against cheating.
 
I support the idea. I want to drive the Alfa TZ2 and the Lambo Miura, but I am not willing to sit there for hours and hours grinding the same race over and over and over again in order to be able to afford them. The cheats would be entirely optional, so therefore the elitists could just ignore it.

For 20 million you really need very, very small amount of time.

Seasonal Ferrari F1 race on Nurburgring (one lap, 6 minutes per race) with 200% Login Bonus and 800PP car can net you approx. 3,5 million Cr per run and 500.000 XP.

If you are more experienced driver, you can lower the PP to 780/770PP and get almost 4 million Cr per one lap. You need to run 5 laps of Nurburgring (24H configuration) and you're done in less then 1 hour.

BUt you don't want to grind same Nurb race? No probs, there are 5 F1 races in that Seasonal that nets you almost 22 million Cr if you run them all once (with 200% Login Bonus and slightly deducted PP - Rome 800, Tokyo 830, Indy 780, Nurb 770-800, Eifel 780 for instance).

And you will also net more then 2 million XP in the process.

"Hours and Hours"? Just not true.

Besides, Alfa Romeo TZ2 is a prize car for winning B-Spec Historic Racing Car Cup, so you can get one there very easy.
 
What I don't understand is that if these "cheats" were made available they wouldn't change the game for anybody that didn't want to use them, and yet they're totally against the idea!
I'm guessing either:
1. you would have no self control at all and cheat just because you can.
Or
2. you spent an insane amount of time grinding to level 40 and for credits before it got easier thanks to seasonal events, and even though it changes nothing for you, a childish resentment of the idea that someone could get to that stage with a single button press makes you hate the idea.

Elitist? Of course it is.
Funny thing is that at least some of the complainers probably used the rubber band cheat on the way anyway!



Maybe if there was a joker symbol next to the racer name of anyone that cheated, so we'd all know?

Hopefully the damn xp thing will be ditched for gt6 anyway, what a frikkin stupid idea it was. Level 40? What does it even mean? Nothing about how good you are, at any rate.
 
Disregard this idea. I don't like it anymore. Not because of the elitetists that are like ''Hurr,we wont notice anything about this at all but it still breaks the game'',but just because I finally found out you can actually get a good amount of money by doing seasonals :P
 
I'm not against options of any kind because they are by there very nature just an option.

You will get some elitists coming out of they woodwork. Anti rewind, anti 24 he save, anti livery etc.
I've not yet come across an anti driving line brigade at all though. Where are they?
 
Back