An idea for getting racing suits..

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZeLemon
  • 26 comments
  • 3,460 views
Messages
50
Messages
xAbsoluteLemonx
Hey fellas, my name is Chris.

I'm here to bring an idea to attention, and that idea is to be able to buy racing suits instead of just winning them. Think about it, if you want to buy Sebastian Vettel's race suit it should cost something around 500,000 Cr, and if you want to buy just an ordinary race suit it should be around 70,000 odd Cr. Think about it and tell me what you have to say about it.
 
Hey fellas, my name is Chris.

I'm here to bring an idea to attention, and that idea is to be able to buy racing suits instead of just winning them. Think about it, if you want to buy Sebastian Vettel's race suit it should cost something around 500,000 Cr, and if you want to buy just an ordinary race suit it should be around 70,000 odd Cr. Think about it and tell me what you have to say about it.
Hi Chris -
From a realism perspective, they should be purchasable, with possible exceptions including past worn suits by real world drivers.

70 grand though? No.
 
Hi Chris -
From a realism perspective, they should be purchasable, with possible exceptions including past worn suits by real world drivers.

70 grand though? No.

How much do you think then?
 
ZeLemon
Hey fellas, my name is Chris.

I'm here to bring an idea to attention, and that idea is to be able to buy racing suits instead of just winning them. Think about it, if you want to buy Sebastian Vettel's race suit it should cost something around 500,000 Cr, and if you want to buy just an ordinary race suit it should be around 70,000 odd Cr. Think about it and tell me what you have to say about it.

Yeah sure. Pay more for the suits than cars is a bit kinda weird.
 
Yeah sure. Pay more for the suits than cars is a bit kinda weird.

Well you can't have everyone driving around in Stig suits and real racers suits
 
ZeLemon
Well you can't have everyone driving around in Stig suits and real racers suits

That wouldn't really work either when you can make 1.2 million in about 13 minutes. I could care less about the suits and helmets (and horns and museum cards, too for that matter).

More cars but fewer Skyline's and Miata's!
 
That wouldn't really work either when you can make 1.2 million in about 13 minutes. I could care less about the suits and helmets (and horns and museum cards, too for that matter).

More cars but fewer Skyline's and Miata's!

And 3000GTs! I swear they have every single version of the thing in here
 
How much do you think then?
How much do they cost in real life? And that figure is my answer.
I'd also like to have to pay a realistic cost for tires, combined with replacement costs, but I'm hardcore like that. :crazy:
 
suits that are more expensive than cars are ok for me, i guess. if they're really cool. :D

it's a real driving simulator. not a real suit shopping simulator.
 
Don't forget you can try out the way PD is adding re-playability to A-spec seasonals. Try real hard to get second or third.:indiff:
 
Don't forget you can try out the way PD is adding re-playability to A-spec seasonals. Try real hard to get second or third.:indiff:

1st is just impossible in my opinion.
 
1st is just impossible in my opinion.

I got first in all of them that I've ever seen, and there's faster guys than me, maybe check the tuning forum for a better set-up.
 
It would be nice to just browse through the suits and buy the ones you want. There's too much emphasis on collectibles and randomness in GT5.

You can collect cars, horns, paints, museum cards, racing suits and racing helmets. You get random helmets, suits, paints and horns for getting podium finishes on certain events. You get random paints and museum cards each day you log in. You get a random horn every time you add 10 more cars to your garage. The UCD gives you a random batch of cars every time it updates. I'm all for incentives to keep players interested in the game but is it really too much to ask for a system where you can just browse through the racing gear, pick the one you like and buy it. Obviously you would keep the more desirable suits (stig suit, nascar drivers suits etc) as prizes but yeah I don't see a problem with making the rest of the purchasable.
 
I have deleted every horn I ever received, since I want to collect cars only. I have loads of suits & helmets if anyone wants. (PSN - Rhinoafrica) Is there a way I can delete museum cards?
 
I got first in all of them that I've ever seen, and there's faster guys than me, maybe check the tuning forum for a better set-up.

You represent the top one percent of GT5 players, though. The ones that are faster than you represent the top half of one percent.

I've won almost all of the Seasonal races, and generally very easily, but with the first batch that started awarding helmets and suits (Fiat, Lotus, and something else) I only won the Fiat race and finished like fourth or fifth in the other two (only tried once or twice, though), and I normally rank at least in the top ten percent in racing games; in FM3 I generally appeared in the top five percent on the lap leaderboards, and sometimes even the top two percent. What this means is that I generally outperform the bulk of players, and yet I still haven't always won the Seasonal races; nearly all, but not a couple of them. Oh, and the ones I didn't win were done with tuning setups people found success with.
 
This is one of the few parts of the game where I think PD has done a proper job of it. The basic helmets and suits are acquired upon making a new game save and (if I remember correctly) creating a new B-spec driver. The collector helmets and suits are acquired upon placing well in seasonal events. Admittedly, the basic helmets and suits should all be purchase-able, but this mix of freedom and rarity in racing gear is actually well thought out.
 
That wouldn't really work either when you can make 1.2 million in about 13 minutes. I could care less about the suits and helmets (and horns and museum cards, too for that matter).

More cars but fewer Skyline's and Miata's!

1.2 million in 13 minutes?
Possible without PSN?
 
good idea
maybe you should suggest the idea in the feedback section of gtp
 
The matter of the suits is extremely overrated. I prefer that instead of engaging in making such senseless things, they focused in making more Premium cars and tracks, not wasting the time in "fashion".
 
This is one of the few parts of the game where I think PD has done a proper job of it. The basic helmets and suits are acquired upon making a new game save and (if I remember correctly) creating a new B-spec driver. The collector helmets and suits are acquired upon placing well in seasonal events. Admittedly, the basic helmets and suits should all be purchase-able, but this mix of freedom and rarity in racing gear is actually well thought out.

Where did you get that from?
 
I have deleted every horn I ever received, since I want to collect cars only. I have loads of suits & helmets if anyone wants. (PSN - Rhinoafrica) Is there a way I can delete museum cards?

Some people in this scene are simply unbelievable.
 
for the stig suit you should only unlock after every thing is golded
so you have to be the best at gt5 to get the best suit

does this make sense
 
OK8
Some people in this scene are simply unbelievable.

I'm giving away stuff that I don't want for free & you have a problem with it? You're the one that's unbelievable imo...
 
SoCal Senator
That wouldn't really work either when you can make 1.2 million in about 13 minutes. I could care less about the suits and helmets (and horns and museum cards, too for that matter).

More cars but fewer Skyline's and Miata's!

More cars! Preferably none japanese ones! :)
 
The matter of the suits is extremely overrated. I prefer that instead of engaging in making such senseless things, they focused in making more Premium cars and tracks, not wasting the time in "fashion".

Exactly! I'd also vote for that. 👍
 
Or... Do all little harder when u unlock a helmet you most buy that helmet u won
 
Back