Dear all, I am happy to be here with you as a new member. Today I thought about an idea for 24h A-Spec races. We can create a team with our bobs (our b-spec drivers) and then we can enter the races. Let's imagine, you choose for example your 3 bobs who are level 40 and then enter 24h race. The first 6 hours you can race non-stop then you can enter pit and you replace your seat with your bob driver. Then he drives the car 6 hours. And then continue like this. By this way you can make a team and be a team with your bobs and race! It is so possible and so fantastic I think. This idea is an alternative for save option. What is your opinion about this idea? Please feel free to share. Thanks...
That's impractical for people that are in racing series. Can't afford to tie up the ps3 that long for one race. Not to mention other people wanting to use the system for netflix and such. Never played GT4 but it's idiotic that b spec drivers cannot drive in a spec endurance races, especially when it was done before in the previous game. As for it not supposed to be easy, I get that but to me it's not worth trying really until a mid race save appears, for reasons I stated above.
Come on, its just a game. I don't see a reason why should i keep my PS3 running for days. We got a life. Therefore, I have completed every endurance except 9hr Tsukuba & both 24hr. I find it a waste of time, I can make better use of my time doing something that is more productive.
And how does your idea work for those of us who have a life and don't want to (can't more like it) sit behind a controller for 4 hours a day? Unfortunatly such things in life like work, wife, children, house keeping and so forth prevent that from happening for a big majority of people. The old GT4 system was great, just start the race off, get a good lead and then hand over to b-spec.
And we know endurance races aren't meant (notice how i spelt meant, ie correctly) to be easy but in any real life endurance race it is shared with at least 1 more driver.
GT4 had B Spec intergration and Fast Forward. You could do a 24 hour race in just over 8hours using only B spec providing you checked up at each pitstop to turn fast forward back on. I always did a few hours myself then let B spec take the strain while I slept.
GT3 was A Spec only so they included an in race save system.
Yeah, but what's the point of doing A-spec race with a B-spec driver? What's the point of doing a 24h race in 8 hours with a B-spec driver? As far as I can remember, we didn't have different races for A and B-spec in GT4, GT3, but you can do a race, either in A-spec or in B-spec, we also didn't need to level up a driver. Now, the gameplay is a little bit different. Why should we change it? Because it's not suitable for you? I didin't finish the 24h races in the former GTs, because I didn't want to. Now, the tropthy system and the platinium cup seems a good reason for me to finish them when I have time for them.
If you are so worried about your PS3 working 5-6 days non-stop, if you need them doing something else, then just don't finish the races, as you said "it's just a game"