An Idea - Gran Turismo 4 Spec 2.0

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
*May also be called Volume 2, Online or something else.

A long time ago, I made a thread that was about a revival for GT5. People didn't like it that much because of some flaws but others did. However, I now think that GT4 is a much better candidate for a revival.

Welcome to GT4 Spec 2.0.

First of all, unlike the GT5 Spec 3.0 idea, hardly anything in the game will be changed. Just some things will be added. Most importantly of all, the online mode. This will be a fully functional version of the Online Public Beta of GT4. However, it will be edited slightly in ways that honestly aren't that interesting, like the layout of the menus.

Secondly, more cars and tracks will be added. They 100 extra cars from GTPSP will be added to the game (albeit with slightly improved modelling and textures) as well as the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano from GTHDC, along with all the cars exclusive to GTHDC, if any. There would also be all the F1 cars from GT3 and the GT-One road car. And, as a bonus, the Porche GT3 RS (the secret car in GT3) and the Nomad Diablo, also from GT3.

As for tracks, all tracks from GT4 will stay but new ones will be added. These include Eiger Nordwand from GTHDC. Also there's Smokey Mountain and Tahiti Circuit from GT3 and Special Stage Route 11 (both layouts). There will also be Super Speedway (GT3 version but with the canopy from GT2), Complex String and Valencia from TT. As well as that, Rome Circuit (and short version) will be included. (If I missed any other tracks exclusive to GT3, consider them as being in here as well)

The game would be released for PS4 and Pro. All content on the game would be upgraded and refined, to about GTHDC quality, to keep the GT4 style. As well as this, an interior view will be added to the game. There would also be an upgraded Photo Mode.

The game will run in native 4K or 1080p, depending on what type of PS4 and TV you are using, at 60fps but can be capped at lower framerates by user choice.

Other tweaks:
- The engine sound of the FGT will be changed to it's newer sound.
- Arcade Mode now is much more like GT3's, just with different cars and tracks.
- Soundtracks for the game are combined: all tracks from different versions of the game will be featured.
- The IS200 race car will be featured.
- Mechanical damage will be added as well as advanced car weathering. There may, if I feel like it, be visual damage.
- The intro for the game will have 'What to Believe' after 'Moon Over The Castle'.
- Full 24h cycles on every track with Driveclub-level weather effects.
- Car horns and lights can be used, as well as the RA functions.
- The Toyota Pod and liveries exclusive to GT Concept will also be included.

This is, overall, my ideal GT4.

I guess it’s ok to dream. I predict the sales of this type of GT4 concept would exceed 25 million copies ... sadly though I wouldn’t hold my breath. Makes ya wonder why GTS was done versus your type of concept.

16A3D67F-F5EF-4E00-8098-0A19DB49A038.jpeg

Wait, what is important about the GT4P engine?
It gives you that GT3 feel. Gran Turismo 4 is fun, but this engine would've amplified it. The engine was also used at E3 2003 when GT4 was a playable demo at that same convention. The engine they used in GT4's 2005 release didn't really suit it as much as the previous game engine used in Prologue in my opinion.

Last edited:
I predict the sales of this type of GT4 concept would exceed 25 million copies ...

Based on what, exactly? Care to share the figures from your market research? How many people polled? What demographics? What's your margin of error, etc?

It gives you that GT3 feel. Gran Turismo 4 is fun, but this engine would've amplified it. The engine was also used at E3 2003 when GT4 was a playable demo at that same convention. The engine they used in GT4's 2005 release didn't really suit it as much as the previous game engine used in Prologue in my opinion.

How about (because I prefer GT4's physics) an option to switch physics engine?

Based on what, exactly? Care to share the figures from your market research? How many people polled? What demographics? What's your margin of error, etc?

I think it's a slightly educated guess, not a proper prediction.

It could work out if it was really stylized so it doesn't look so dated compared to newer games and particularly GTS itself. Otherwise you're just running a literal PS2 game at 4K for 60 bucks with apparent severe game engine additions that magically materialize and also don't look jarringly different to the original game

It could work out if it was really stylized so it doesn't look so dated compared to newer games and particularly GTS itself. Otherwise you're just running a literal PS2 game at 4K for 60 bucks with apparent severe game engine additions that magically materialize and also don't look jarringly different to the original game

I don't think we really have to worry about that, though.

Secondly, more cars and tracks will be added.

As for tracks, all tracks from GT4 will stay but new ones will be added.

As well as this, an interior view will be added to the game.

The game will run in native 4K or 1080p

- The engine sound of the FGT will be changed to it's newer sound.

- Soundtracks for the game are combined: all tracks from different versions of the game will be featured.

- The IS200 race car will be featured.

- Mechanical damage will be added

- Full 24h cycles on every track with Driveclub-level weather effects.

It sounds great , I would certainly get it . It just seems with all these things listed that would be added , you might as well just remaster GT5 or 6.

I would just love it brought over without any changes, personally.

Back