An Idea - Gran Turismo 5 Spec 3.0

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
Call me crazy, but this is an idea I came up with.

Gran Turismo 5 Fan Made Box Art (SPEC 3.0).jpg

Note: I do not own the original cover art.

DESCRIPTION

THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR
300+* highly detailed cars. 80 tracks. One real driving simulator.

• More than 80 tracks to race and practice on.
  • 300 cars with more coming.
  • Improved features including B-Spec and Photo Travel
  • Graphics so good you'll stop to enjoy the view.
  • Special effects to create unbeatable realism, including motion blur and wind effects.

DETAILS
As GT6 was not good for me, I wanted to improve on a GT game I actually liked - Gran Turismo 5. This Spec 3.0 Edition improves on the original edition, and relaunches the servers, although making online mode completely seperate - more information on that later.
This removes all Standard cars, but remodels 100 of them into Premium quality, and more of them will be upgraded in future updates, as remodeling all the 800 Standard cars would talk about 6 million years. It will also include all of the DLC when started, but DLC vehicles must be bought from the dealership. The game will be offered for free on the PlayStation Store if you already own GT5. It will be available for purchase as well if you do not have GT5 as a disc or digital copy. If you have GT5 and have bought this game, you will be asked to import you save data into GT5S3.0, giving you all your cars back. If you have bought DLC before, and have bought this, you will be refunded the money to use on the PSS. This game was inspired by the 'Ultimate GT4' idea.

MODES
ARCADE

This is an improved version of Arcade Mode. Every car in the game is unlocked here.
GRAN TURISMO MODE
Same as normal, but seperate A-Spec and B-Spec events are replaced with events which can be done in both modes. It also adds Rallying back as a proper mode, with it's own events.

OTHERS
GTTV has been removed and replaced with the Movie Maker - more info soon about that.
Course Maker has been removed completely.
The Manual is also available as a booklet with the box, as well as in-game.
Intro includes Moon Over The Castle (Opera Opening) and Daiki Kasho - What To Believe (GT4). It will be the first GT game to have two introductions. The other one will have Daiki Kasho - Day To Live as the theme tune, without the Moon Over The Castle.

CARS AND TRACKS
It's mascot car will be the Brabus Bullit, as shown in the cover art.

The following is a sneak preview of some of the Standard cars upgraded to Premium quality:

• Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo
  • Ford GT LM Race Car
  • Ford GT LM Race Car Spec 2
  • Suzuki GSXR/4
  • Honda NSXR Prototype LM Road Car
  • Honda NSXR Prototype LM Race Car
  • Nissan GTR Concept LM Race Car
  • Nissan Z LM Race Car
  • Nissan Z Concept
  • Nissan GTR Concept
  • Bugatti Veyron
  • BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car
  • Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GTR Race Car
  • Polyphony Digital Polyphony001
  • Polyphony Digital Polyphony002
  • TVR Cerbera Speed 12
  • BMW M3 GTR Race Car
  • Mercedes CLKGTR Race Car
  • Polyphony Digital F094/S
  • Polyphony Digital F094/H
  • Polyphony Digital F686/M
  • Polyphony Digital F688/S
  • Polyphony Digital F687/S
  • Polyphony Digital F090/S
  • Honda NSXR Concept
  • Mazda RX8 Concept
  • Mazda RX8 Concept LM Race Car
  • Mazda RX7 LM Race Car
The game will also include various new manufacturers. These include:
  • Brabus
  • Ariel
  • Ascari
  • BAC
  • De Tomasco
  • Noble
  • Bristol
  • Koenigsegg
It will also include new cars for existing manufacturers:
  • Bugatti EB110
  • Polyphony Digital Red Bull X2010 5G
  • Polyphony Digital Red Bull X2010 Japan Flag Colour (As different colour for X2010)
  • Maserati MC12
  • TVR Sagaris
  • Red Bull X2011
New tracks will be featured in the game. These are:
  • Ascari (From GT6)
  • Red Bull Ring (From GT6)
  • Super Speedway (GT2,GT3)
  • Mid-Field Raceway (From GT6)
  • Red Rock Valley Raceway
  • Special Stage Route 11 (GT1,GT3)
  • Complex String
  • Test Course (GT3,GT4)
  • Rome Circuit (GT2,GT3, including short variation)
  • Tahiti Maze
  • Tahiti Road
  • Tahiti Dirt Route
  • Green Forest Raceway (Now as Deep Forest Dirt Course)
All of the Reverse versions of tracks have been removed to save space, and allow for more content. All tracks will have weather options, but will not all have time options, as the PS3 is not powerful enough.

Of course, more will be here, but this is an early list. More cars will be added in the future.

MOVIE MAKER
Introductions to GT games are always awesome. The music. The effects. The cars. The crashes. Since I first saw a GT intro, I have always wanted to make one myself.

In this mode, you would choose a maximum of three pieces of music, and cut it to make your intro better. For example, I would cut Moon Over The Castle so that the Orchestral bit was only heard, followed by What To Believe, where I would cut out the last verses, but keeping the outroduction. Then you could select a track and various cars and choose from various camera and vehicle placement options, and then choose various AI types: Crash, Overtake, Nudge, Spin, and so on. You could then choose various camera effects: 'Bounce', Shake, Spin, Pan, Stay, Blur, Rise, and so on.

So, if you wanted to make GT3's intro, you could. And believe me, that would be cool.

This thread is constantly updated. Check often for new content!

Last edited:
This comes with a big flashing neon sign yelling 'design flaw':

As you know, Online in GT5 was available from GT Mode. This destroyed the game, as you could borrow any of your friend's cars, meaning a mix of Sunday Cup and X2010, something which ruined the game. To be honest, Online destroyed Gran Turismo. But I want it to be different.

It will be a completely separate mode. You will be able to drive any car in the game, but no tuning options. Because of this, there will be no link to GT Mode, making the game better.

• First of all, you're completely remaking the online part of the game because of a single community feature (borrowing cars). Surely, if there's just a problem with that specific feature, why not just take that single feature away? Why would you have to remake everything?

• Second, was it actually the car borrowing feature that led to people using Red Bull cars in Sunday Cup, or was it the fact that these events didn't have any restrictions? I mean, if you've earned the Red Bull car yourself, getting rid of the car borrowing feature won't stop you from using your own Red Bull car in Sunday Cup, will it?

• Third, why disable the tuning options online? That seems like a horrible idea, and the end result would be that everyone would use one and the same car. Also, what happens when you want to use your 'offline' cars online? Would their tunes be wiped or would you simply not be able to use your cars online at all?

This comes with a big flashing neon sign yelling 'design flaw':

• First of all, you're completely remaking the online part of the game because of a single community feature (borrowing cars). Surely, if there's just a problem with that specific feature, why not just take that single feature away? Why would you have to remake everything?

• Second, was it actually the car borrowing feature that led to people using Red Bull cars in Sunday Cup, or was it the fact that these events didn't have any restrictions? I mean, if you've earned the Red Bull car yourself, getting rid of the car borrowing feature won't stop you from using your own Red Bull car in Sunday Cup, will it?

• Third, why disable the tuning options online? That seems like a horrible idea, and the end result would be that everyone would use one and the same car. Also, what happens when you want to use your 'offline' cars online? Would their tunes be wiped or would you simply not be able to use your cars online at all?
Not to mention the whole idea of this thread is "I hated GT6, so I think PD should drop development of GTS and 7 and go back to GT5." How flawed is that?

Not to mention the whole idea of this thread is "I hated GT6, so I think PD should drop development of GTS and 7 and go back to GT5." How flawed is that?

I never said I wanted no GT7 or GTS. The idea was that this would be an 'update'. I just came up with this stupid idea because I never got to play GT5 online, and that made me a bit disappointing, and I wanted to continue the life of my favorite GT of all time.

Reply: Aggserp4

Because it would change too much to GT6; this is more suited to GT5.

Reply: Michelin

It won't be done. This is just a concept game for reasons shown above.

EDIT
Online Mode Removed. :)
Added cars to Upgrade list.

Last edited:
I never said I wanted no GT7 or GTS. The idea was that this would be an 'update'. I just came up with this stupid idea because I never got to play GT5 online, and that made me a bit disappointing, and I wanted to continue the life of my favorite GT of all time.

Reply: Aggserp4

Because it would change too much to GT6; this is more suited to GT5.

Reply: Michelin

It won't be done. This is just a concept game for reasons shown above.

EDIT
Online Mode Removed. :)
Added cars to Upgrade list.
Tip: You can use the +Quote button to reply to multiple people at once.

Still, you can't make a logical mistake like that and expect others not to call you out on it. Just saiyan'.

Still, you can't make a logical mistake like that and expect others not to call you out on it. Just saiyan'.

This is just a silly idea of mine to continue the life of a GT game and will never happen. It is just a stupid dream coming out of my idiotic French head, as if PD had enough time to extend GT5; which is a stupid dream as well. This idea has no reason to exist, just like me. Apart from the fact that it does exist.

:(

This is just a silly idea of mine to continue the life of a GT game and will never happen. It is just a stupid dream coming out of my idiotic French head, as if PD had enough time to extend GT5; which is a stupid dream as well. This idea has no reason to exist, just like me. Apart from the fact that it does exist.

Nobody ever said you had no reason to exist. All I said was that if you post something illogical here on GTP, you can expect to be called out on it.

Where are the cars and tracks added in GT6?

Thank goodness you're not in charge of PD. Why not add all that stuff to GT6? or the new GT coming out this year?

Last edited:

Thank goodness you're not in charge of PD. Why not add all that stuff to GT6? or the new GT coming out this year?

In my opinion, Gran Turismo 6 is a car collection game to me. I don't want more cars and tracks, I want the tracks and cars I like, and most of the vehicles I personally don't give a flying Skyline about, and I don't want it in a game I would design.

In my opinion, Gran Turismo 6 is a car collection game to me. I don't want more cars and tracks, I want the tracks and cars I like, and most of the vehicles I personally don't give a flying Skyline about, and I don't want it in a game I would design.
We can't just throw away perfectly good premium cars because you think you're special.

We can't just throw away perfectly good premium cars because you think you're special.

>thread made in 2016
>asks for gt5 spec 3.0
>gt5 servers shut almost 2 years ago

View attachment 517757

Well I can say anything. It's just that... why even is this
Here:

Kinda dramatic but that's it.

Look here:

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It would be awsome keeping the old skl circuits xD. one thing that has been really bugging me though is the lack in race events. it makes having all the xtra cars and circuits completely pointless, a longer career mode would make the game worth buying. i do hope for for all of us that the people from the dev team reads our comments.

It would be awsome keeping the old skl circuits xD. one thing that has been really bugging me though is the lack in race events. it makes having all the xtra cars and circuits completely pointless, a longer career mode would make the game worth buying. i do hope for for all of us that the people from the dev team reads our comments.

That would be unlikely. :(

What about the other ~12 million people who bought a copy of GT5? Do they get a say in the car list?

What about the other ~12 million people who bought a copy of GT5? Do they get a say in the car list?

Yes, but on my defense I say that when we said we wanted the Skylines removed, did they listen to us?

But yes, I will add cars new to the franchise and add a few from GT6 if the community wants it.

Sometimes I think GT6 should have been called GT5 Spec 3.

I would have made the extra content of GT6 cheap DLC available from the PlayStation Store. That would mean less clutter in the dealership and track selection menu.

Never buy another PD game again. These people take your money with the release of the Gt5 Xl edition and less than a year later take the servers offline. That is pure greed they force you to buy GT6 to play online but there was no need to take servers offline. There are Call of Duty games from the first release that's still has servers online. If they were going to do this at least give us to option for lan play.

Back