An idea I had to further differentiate the Nations Cup & Manufacturers' Series.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
So here's what I gather thus far:

-Nations Cup races can pretty much use any class, or even be Gr.X one-make races, like with the Mercedes-Benz W08.

-Meanwhile, the Manufacturers' Series is limited to going between Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars.

But I think there's potential to play around with what cars you could use for either of these:

-Ideally, for the Manufacturers' Series, I'd like it so that every eligible automaker would have a car within each class - this would include Gr.1, Gr.2, and Gr.B. This would make things more diverse overall. We should consider that FIA Group C cars are going to be placed in Gr.1, too. I also wonder if, perhaps, other prototype race cars could be placed into Gr.1, too, such as Daytona Prototypes or LMP2 racers? There's also the fact that LMP1 will be succeeded by a new class altogether, and may shake things up a bit. (For example, could the VGTs that less-resemble LMPs be in this new group, like the Audi and Bugatti VGTs? Or, to avoid rocking the boat too much, would they stay in Gr.1?) Finally, for Gr.2, I am highly curious to see what cars potentially will end up in Gr.2 besides the clear choices of Super GT500 racers.

-Next, for the Nations Cup, there could still be class-based events every now and then, but I think a lot of fun could be had with more one-make events, too. I'm mostly thinking of cars that either are under the "Gran Turismo" label, or have a special connection to Gran Turismo otherwise. This could be the newly-added Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, the F1500T-A, the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, the various SEMA/Pebble Beach/Tokyo Auto Salon winners, or stuff like the Nissan GT-R, or the 2006 Ford GT. Or, as we did see more recently, the Mercedes-Benz W08, given that Mr. Hamilton does have that connection to Gran Turismo. There was also a race featuring one of the Red Bull cars, too. We could get even crazier with one-make VGT races, or if other cars return, such as Mario Andretti's Hudson, the Senna cars, that SEMA Corvette C7, or even the Nike One.

I think in next year's iteration of the FIA Championships, I'd love to see more experimentation with the car/track combinations overall, and I think this could be likely given that there'll be a ton of content added between the end of this year's final season, and the start of the 2019 seasons. I also would like to see more championships overall, if only to give players more options than "the big one." And finally, I really do want to see more lobby options - perhaps in a "Spec 2.0" update?

Back