Analog mode on PS3

• Thread starter OldF@rt
  • 6 comments
Good news - picked up a copy of GT2 today and it runs fine on my thin PS3.

Bad news - I can only get the controller (Dualshock 3) to work in digital mode. Yes, I press the PS button, change controller from Analog to Digital, go Start Game the game and still no joy. The 1P and 2P analog settings screens come under Options but don't allow me to change the settings, just showing N/A. Buttons and D-pad work fine.

Any ideas WTF is going on???:crazy:

Ta!

Yes, I press the PS button, change controller from Analog to Digital

Dumb question of the day: You meant from Digital to Analog, right?

I tried it and analog works for me. Here's what I did. Not saying everyone has to do it this way, just that these were my steps.

-Start game from XMB
-Select Options from main menu
-sidescroll to key configuration. You'll see steering is on d-pad
-press PS button
-controller settings
-change to analog
-press x to lock it in
-press o to go back a few times until you see the key configuration screen again
-verify steering is on thumbstick. If it is, it is now in analog mode.

If you want to reassign buttons, press x, and then go up or down the functions and press whatever button you want to perform such function. For example, I like throttle to be R2 and brake to be L2. On the key config screen, I press x first, then I jog down to accelerate and press R2. Throttle is now R2. I jog down to brake and press L2. Brake is now L2. When done, jog down to EXIT and press x. Then triangle to back out of Options. Simple.

I noticed you have to switch to analog every time you start the game. Bummer.

Last edited:
Many thanks! That works fine. Yes, I meant to write Digital to Analog...:crazy:

A couple of other questions (I never played the original PSX...)

1. can you adjust the steering sensitivity?
2. can you use the knobs to go through menus, or is that restricted to the D pad?
3. in Options, if I go to 1P or 2P Analog options, they still all show N/A, even though analog steering works. What is going on and what do these screens mean?

cheers,

Malcolm

1. can you adjust the steering sensitivity?
Nope. Not for the Dual Shock controls.

2. can you use the knobs to go through menus, or is that restricted to the D pad?
Pretty sure you can, but not positive.

3. in Options, if I go to 1P or 2P Analog options, they still all show N/A, even though analog steering works. What is going on and what do these screens mean?
Those screens are for adjusting neGcon steering sensitivity.

Thanks for this thread!

I used to love doing time trails round midfield raceway with the calibra tourig car!
Just bought GT2 again and tried it on the PS3 yesterday. Had the same problem so ill try this when i get home!

Thankss again!

i want to ask, is it only my PS3, or even you the digital/analog mode keeps somehow switching on his own? (in GT1 is pretty bloody damn annoying to have to manually switch it after each championship)

Well, i just bought a nu GT2 today, as i own a very old Logitech wheel i just hope i will not have the compatibility problems as it was bought together with GT2 years ago...

Latest Posts

Back