Analog overload?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeepster2982
  • 5 comments
  • 880 views
Messages
527
Messages
deimos256
Weird thing I noticed, using too many analog axes at one time causes one to stop working? Ok I use a sixaxis with no driving aids so I use analog triggers and I use the right analog stick for looking left and right. The funny thing is if I'm driving and holding the gas down when I look left or right with the stick it kills the throttle. It's intermittent but leaning more toward constant, so I'm thinking, with the steering axis being used and the throttle axis being used, then trying to use another axis is it just too much for the system to handle? Or is it that my sixaxis is just old and perhaps I need to get with the times and buy a ds3?
 
I have the exact same setup and do not have any issues like this. Sounds like your controller is slowly dying...
 
yup have to agree with volvo on that one :-/ at least its not a wheel thats dying :D controllers are cheap :D
 
I would be willing to bet you have the issue I had in GT5p and its simply you didn't turn brake off of right stick down, and you are not moving the stick perfectly left or right, the concept of analog overload makes no sense or FPS or 3rd person action games would basically be unplayable.
 
Last edited:
Oh yes I forgot to mention that I did indeed disable the gas and brake from that stick. I guess I'll just need to invest in a new controller. No biggie.
 
Back