And I quote "...damage modelling has finally been implemented with Prologue."

• Thread starter ThunderGod
  • 27 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_Viking
http://www.psu.com/Gran-Turismo-5--Prologue-preview--a0002132-p0.php

"You'll also be able to tell if you have any mods installed in your car by simply listening. That super charger you just installed sounds just like its real life counterpart. Many fans of the series may also be pleased to learn that damage modelling has finally been implemented with Prologue. On the whole, the damage effects are quite realistic and we can safely say that the days of the Gran Turismo series being called a 'bumper car simulator' are over."

Obviously there needs to be more independent verification of this, but if it is true it should make things even more interesting in the next few days.

I don't think this needed a thread since a: it's completely uncredited and unconfirmed information and b: that if it's true, would have been shouted from rooftops long before now.

We are already discussing this in (probably) the last couple of posts in the first thread on this board.

My comments are there.

If this is all true GT5 will be a dream come true. But without the slightest bit of evidence I'm trying not to get my hopes high.

2 more days till we find out if its true

EDIT

just re read the quote. the article claims you can modify your car aswell?

damage and modifications in a prologue release? not sure what to think of that

On the whole, the damage effects are quite realistic and we can safely say that the days of the Gran Turismo series being called a 'bumper car simulator' are over.[/I][/B]"

That's reads like the author has seen the damage engine in action.

If this turns out to be bogus then all information sourced from PSU should be banned in this forum.

Granturismo 5 Prologue will NOT have damage of ANY kind .....Period.

Mods please delete this BS thread.

Bugatti Veyron AND damage AND 3D rims AND skidmarks AND animated 3D marshals confirmed!

veyron_smash01_1.jpg

Not.

KY said himself that damage (maybe only on race cars) is 100% confirmed for the final GT5 release... whenever that is! :dunce:

http://www.psu.com/Gran-Turismo-5--Prologue-preview--a0002132-p0.php

"You'll also be able to tell if you have any mods installed in your car by simply listening. That super charger you just installed sounds just like its real life counterpart. Many fans of the series may also be pleased to learn that damage modelling has finally been implemented with Prologue. On the whole, the damage effects are quite realistic and we can safely say that the days of the Gran Turismo series being called a 'bumper car simulator' are over."

Obviously there needs to be more independent verification of this, but if it is true it should make things even more interesting in the next few days.
Did you make that up yourself. The article mentions the opposite. :confused:

READ:

Did you make that up yourself. The article mentioned the opposite.

READ:

Oooh, that's low, get the traffic, then change the article. I can vouch that it did say damage modelling was in just the other day.

But can you guys even imagine damage modelling GT. That would mean there will be a body shop. It wont just dissappear after the race.

I think damage is a safe bet, in that interview they spoke about each body part being made individually, so they can come off, he said those exact words.

It just wont be in prologue yet:P

The only damage I'm seeing here is to the reputation of Playstation Universe as a credible source of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back