And where is the safety car?

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 20 comments
ramangt40
I have not seen the safety car yet anywhere in the game.On purpose i crashed in places where the safety car should be a must like the tunnel in monaco and yet no sign of it,I think codemasters have forgotten to include it in the game,if they have then what a great shame and if any one has seen it in the game please let me know.

If CM was intelligent (which they clearly aren't, as demonstrated), they'd just disable safety cars for 3-lap races.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Can you imagine if there was a safety car online :lol: chaos it would be always out in lap 1. still if there was one in career mode i.e an SLS I would want to drive it tbh :dopey:

I have not seen the safety car yet anywhere in the game.On purpose i crashed in places where the safety car should be a must like the tunnel in monaco and yet no sign of it,I think codemasters have forgotten to include it in the game,if they have then what a great shame and if any one has seen it in the game please let me know.
It got nicked and they could not afford a replacement at codemasters lol
(sorry could not resist :P)

Yes, plenty of them if you're the one who is actually having to design and build the game.

I can think of two. Firstly it's something extra to code, but if you're adding the realism of the game, and making it better, that's not a good enough reason.

Secondly, they didn't have time. This seems apparent as they appeared to have rushed the game. I'm sure they could have kicked back release a few weeks to add a safety car and sort out the bugs.

I believe that complaining about the lack of safety car is a little bit nip-ticking. Considering other issues to be address that can affect playability, that should be the least of the worries (pit bug, time bug, in-race AI laptimes on high fuel...)

Maybe they just felt other things were more important.

Could agree there, but it looks like they got their priorities wrong anyway. I mean, I still think no mechanical failures is preposterous, especially when F1:CE had them, albeit basic, at least stuff did break.

F1CE was the culmination of experience of the 10th version of the series. You cannot compare the two.

With the amount of possibilities and variables, yes, it could well be. But that wasn't my actual point and you know it.

I wouldn't be suprised if this has been said allready...

I'm sure if they had done the Safety Car aswell, some people would have just found more Bugs surrounding it. :yuck:

It's better to leave some things alone. Codies did the Right thing. Especially this early in their F1 Adventures! 👍

Which are sure to continue due to massive sales. So don't worry, i'm sure you'll get your safety car at some pont in the future...... 2011, 2012?
It really isn't that much time considering we've all been waiting for GT5 half a decade.

:)

Back