Angle and height of inverted pedals.

• Thread starter trk29
  • 13 comments
trk29
Can someone that has inverted their pedals tell me at what angle this is best mounted at. And what is the best distance from floor to bottom of pedal? I'm getting ready to do this mod to my pedal set and don't want to do it twice :) I heard somewhere that 30 degrees was good.

Can someone that has inverted their pedals tell me at what angle this is best mounted at. And what is the best distance from floor to bottom of pedal? I'm getting ready to do this mod to my pedal set and don't want to do it twice :) I heard somewhere that 30 degrees was good.

I think 60 degrees and 10 to 11 cm should be fine.

[URL=http://img33.imageshack.us/i/cocpit3bw1.png/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

More pics https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3836367#post3836367

Download the file here and have a deeper look to an older project of mine (you need the Google SketchUp to open).

It always depends too on how high you are sitting.

For my 1:1 copy of my Exige (where you sit very low with legs out in front of you), I set the board that the G25 pedals were mounted to at an angle of 42° from the floor, not 60° as you show.
2383870550103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

2281142690103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

2868165720103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks guys this has been very helpful.

@Mars Attacks
& SpeedyK I am low to the floor like you.
Here is a pic of mine so I think both your dimensions might be good.
picture.php

Thanks I was actually looking at your rig the other day. Good job.

Yeah they were to close and I have since raised my pedals 1.5 inches and seems a lot better now. I will see how this goes and if it doesn't work I may raise my angle a little bit.

Nobody can really help you on this one because it depends the height and angle of your seat...

Trust me, I know it, I made until now 4 differents cockpits.

You have to try and test until you find the most comfortable position.

I have been thinking about inverting my pedals I’ll go with what’s most comfortable for me. Will be redoing my rig here soon. Is it preference or does anyone see better performance after inverting?

I have been thinking about inverting my pedals I’ll go with what’s most comfortable for me. Will be redoing my rig here soon. Is it preference or does anyone see better performance after inverting?
Last post in this thread was 2011, but inverting is not a performance tweak. It is purely for immersion/realism. If you heel and toe there might be some added value.

Last post in this thread was 2011, but inverting is not a performance tweak. It is purely for immersion/realism. If you heel and toe there might be some added value.
I’m new to GT planet, never spent the time to use it so I know I’m years behind lol. I personally like the inverted style better. So I looked into it a bit. Working at gteye springs for performance Bc my g29 pedals have no resistance whatsoever lol

Back