Annoying menu sound when changing gear up - Please help!

• Thread starter SergioRZ
  • 7 comments
Hi All,

I get this strange "artificial" menu sound when upshifting while driving.

This seems to only happen when driving online (lobby).

It also seems to only start the menu sounds after I press the OPTIONS button (to see settings or chat or whatever) and then select CONTINUE to go back to driving the car. After that point, al upshifts make the menu sound. Downshifts remain normal.

Using the X button for Gear Up.

Am I the only one with this problem? I can't find anyone talking about this anywhere...

You can see and hear this issue in this youtube video:

Thanks for your help! :)

it only does that to me in sport mode when i use the chat feature before a race and i use X for downshift but same exact noise

Last edited:
I've never had this issue... Have you tried turning all menu sounds off to see if it stops? Not sure if it's a perfect solution should it work (though I don't care if I have menu noise)

Edit: Now that I think about it the option to turn menu sfx off might not actually exist, lol. I know you can shut the music off in the menu so maybe I'm thinking of that. Oh, and when I use controller I use the right stick for gear shifts so that may be why I've never had this happen

Last edited:
How long has this issue existed?

Have you changed recently any settings for your controller? Might you have conflicting inputs? This sound is reminiscent of a rejection audio notification for a menu input.

Could you change temporarily your throttle control input mapping to check for repeatability of this condition while using a different button? While still using a controller, I preferred to use the L2 & R2 for shifting.

Good luck 🤞

Thanks all, glad to know I'm not the only one, hopefully it's nothing too weird :D I will try all suggestions to see what I can find and eventually fix it ;)

Latest Posts

Back