Another Bonding Moment...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 8 comments
  • 706 views

Gil

Bird man
Premium
Messages
6,977
Messages
old-guy64
I just had to share this:
The other night, I was sitting at the table playing my acousttic guitar.
I was working on this chord progression in "D" that I had absolutely no idea what to do with.
My 16 year old son, who is also an aspiring guitar player (He's absconded with my amp, and my electric) walks by and says,
"Yo dad, whatcha doin'?"
I explain to him the dilemma that I'm in and he says, "Hold on a second".
So he disappears for about 90 seconds and returns with a battered spiral. "What about these for lyrics?" he asks me.
So I look at a couple of his lyrics, and about 90 minutes later, we have a completed song.

My first collaborative effort, and it's even pretty good IMHO.
 
Good stuff; I wish my band could write songs that fast. When we are on the ball and into it, it works out great, but a lot of times we just kind of either get off track or the music just isn't that good.
 
I'm currently working on a song with my 7 year-old. It sounds pretty good. He thinks so, too. The song I was working on with my 3 year-old went no where. I guess we'll leave it to someone else to get famous with the "I Farted? You Farted!" song. :)
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I guess we'll leave it to someone else to get famous with the "I Farted? You Farted!" song. :)

If you call the band 'The Anti-Wiggles', I'd buy that CD.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
If you call the band 'The Anti-Wiggles', I'd buy that CD.

And you would be our first, and last customer, :lol: 👍
 
I have also written a song based on a coffee cup that my wife has.
It depicts a cat with a guitar singing a blues tune:
"I love those mousies
Mousies what I love to eat
I bite they tiny heads off
Nibble on they tiny feet."
I don't know who wrote the original lyric.
But the verses that I've added are quite funny.
So, if you're ever at a coffee house and this big black dude with a big black guitar starts a blues riff in E, then breaks into "love those mousies"...
It'll likely be me. :lol:
 
That's from a cartoon by artist B. Kliban, who was a pen-and-ink cartoonist and artist of some obscurity in the '70s and '80s. Among other things he did was a book of cartoons called Cat featuring, you guessed it, cats - mostly the fat black-striped tabby on the mug. Who, incidentally, looks exactly like one of our current house guests.

Lifters, see if you can find anything about a band called Old Skull, which was a rock-punk trio from the late '80s. All were between 8-11 years old, and their most famous effort was an ode to cafeteria food called Hot Dog From Hell:

Hot dog from Hell
Hot dog from Hell
This hot dog sucks
I could make a better hot dog any day
Hot dog from Hell

There was more, but you get the point...
 
cool story Gil,

i make up songs with my daugher all the time....she's 9 moths old and the compositions tend to be only 20 seconds long and in a language only 9 months can understand :)

i havent played the guiter in years....(i have even forgotten how to spell it)
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
That's from a cartoon by artist B. Kliban, who was a pen-and-ink cartoonist and artist of some obscurity in the '70s and '80s. Among other things he did was a book of cartoons called Cat featuring, you guessed it, cats - mostly the fat black-striped tabby on the mug. Who, incidentally, looks exactly like one of our current house guests.

Lifters, see if you can find anything about a band called Old Skull, which was a rock-punk trio from the late '80s. All were between 8-11 years old, and their most famous effort was an ode to cafeteria food called Hot Dog From Hell:

Hot dog from Hell
Hot dog from Hell
This hot dog sucks
I could make a better hot dog any day
Hot dog from Hell

There was more, but you get the point...

HA-HA! I do know that group! In fact, I saw them live once, and I know the song! They throw hot dogs at the crowd during that song! :lol:

How the hell did you hear about them? Did you once live in SoCal?

Anyway, there was another great all kid punk band, and their name escapes me right now. I think the song they had was called "Love Bomb" or something similar.
 
Back