ANOTHER Cockpit advice post - Hesitant to buy ANY of them

• Thread starter Longshot33
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
Hi

I have a T-GT (same as a TS-PC Racer) and T3PA Pro pedals. I need a cockpit and after reading for days about all the cockpits in my budget I really can't find any that don't have some major flaws or quality issues. I'm looking for a cockpit that has no flex in the wheel or pedals and has a comfortable chair that can fit me (larger person). Apparently, a rig like that would be double the price of those listed below.

I'm considering the GT Omega Art. It is rather inexpensive but it has the option for the XL seat. But I keep reading about pedal flex, lateral shaking with high FFB, wheel flex and uncomfortable seats. Isn't the purpose of a cockpit to avoid all that?

I'm also considering others like the F-GT (no size limit on the seat) and GTUltimate from Next Level, but they both seem to have major issues as well.

Anyone use the GT Omega Art with a wheel like the T-GT and T3PA pro? Are there any cheap mods that can be done to strengthen it? Any other suggestions based on my budget of about $500-600?

Thank you all

It looks great, but its a bit out of of my budget with a added seat and shipping.

Actually it turns out that an Omega Pro with added braces can support DD wheels. Think I might just be going that route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have a T-GT (same as a TS-PC Racer) and T3PA Pro pedals. I need a cockpit and after reading for days about all the cockpits in my budget I really can't find any that don't have some major flaws or quality issues. I'm looking for a cockpit that has no flex in the wheel or pedals and has a comfortable chair that can fit me (larger person). Apparently, a rig like that would be double the price of those listed below.

I'm considering the GT Omega Art. It is rather inexpensive but it has the option for the XL seat. But I keep reading about pedal flex, lateral shaking with high FFB, wheel flex and uncomfortable seats. Isn't the purpose of a cockpit to avoid all that?

I'm also considering others like the F-GT (no size limit on the seat) and GTUltimate from Next Level, but they both seem to have major issues as well.

Anyone use the GT Omega Art with a wheel like the T-GT and T3PA pro? Are there any cheap mods that can be done to strengthen it? Any other suggestions based on my budget of about $500-600?

Thank you all
I have the Gt Omega ART cockpit with a T300 gt edition wheel mounted yo it and haven’t really noticed any wheel plate flex or pedal plate flex while racing. The Art has a bunch of different adjustments so shouldn’t be too hard to find a comfortable position.

Actually it turns out that an Omega Pro with added braces can support DD wheels. Think I might just be going that route.
If I’m not mistaken the way the omega pro is designed the pro pedals are tough to use in gt mode. Can be done with some modifications tho.

It's a great rig the Simetik - you need to find a good seat which can be expensive or you may be lucky I think Amazon have some non-FIA seats pretty cheap....

Back