Another Dualnote, thanks PD.

  • Thread starter Thread starter balang_479
  • 28 comments
  • 3,562 views
Messages
1,702
Messages
balang_479
I'd previously won an Acura DN-X concept from some A-spec race, now after completing the 300km Grand Valley in B-spec PD gives us a Honda Dualnote Concept as a prize.

So the same car rebadged, both as prizes? That was a slap in the face PD.
 
How rude of them to give you two cars that are almost identical! Very rude, indeed! You should write them a strongly worded letter at once!


Also, why are you surprised?
 
Prizecars in GT5 are an insult. Especially compared to GT4, where even the easy races win you cool stuff like an M3 GTR or awesome LM Racecars. Plus you could win them as often as you want, and usually could sell them for credits.
 
I too recently did the Grand Valley Endurance race and was similarly peeved at the prize car. Over 2 hours to win a car that you would've likely already won previously. Rubbish.
 
I'd say giving me two identical cars is not a problem --- mod one, keep the other stock.
 
All the prize cars are jokes. the whole prize system is a joke.
 
Seems to me gt4 really was a lot better besides graphics and physics and a few cars, going by all the threads, I didn't play gt4 but a lot of 2 as I lost interest in gaming. Now I wish I didn't miss gt4
 
All the prize cars are jokes. the whole prize system is a joke.

I had no problems with it until a couple of nights ago where I won a "prize ticket 1000" For taking to the track x times or driving x miles.

Ohhh prize ticket 1000 sounds good I thought, I waited with anticipation as the car emerged from the blackness....

A Nissan Micra '03......

Hooray! :sly:
 
I'd previously won an Acura DN-X concept from some A-spec race, now after completing the 300km Grand Valley in B-spec PD gives us a Honda Dualnote Concept as a prize.

So the same car rebadged, both as prizes? That was a slap in the face PD.

I know how you are feeling. I was pretty pissed myself.
 
Prize system was much better in previous GTs. I remember doing the Amateur Dream Car Championship in GT3 4 times to get the S2000, Impreza, FTO, and RX-7 race cars and had a blast doing it.

More of the decent prize cars are in B-spec, but even then, it's not good as it should be, especially with 1000 cars and so few races.
 
I don't know what everyone's so worked up about.

The prize cars in GT5 are great, I love Daihatsu Midgets.
 
I'd say giving me two identical cars is not a problem --- mod one, keep the other stock.

Same.
But i got three Dualnote.
One Acura, the other two Honda.
Moded, colour change and stock. 👍
 
I don't know what everyone's so worked up about.

The prize cars in GT5 are great, I love Daihatsu Midgets.

You can win two Daihatsu Midgets in GT5, even better!

Seriously, I knew what cars I would win before I started any of the races thanks to the Prize car thread, so I wasn't exactly surprised to recieve poorly selected prize cars for winning certain races.
 
The prizes are up and down. I don't do any duplicating or resetting so I have gotten a few cool things and some real garbage.
Example - ticket for completing B-Extreme yielded a Viper race car, but a 1000 ticket yielded a honda beat.
 
All the prize cars are jokes. the whole prize system is a joke
I have to agree, although jokes ought to be funny and this one isn't :grumpy: As I've said elsewhere, imo all prize cars
should be premiums and they shouldn't be duplicated as prizes anywhere else in the game, be it a-spec or b
 
With the quantity of cars available there should be no reason they made duplicate prizes, especially of crap cars.
 
The prize cars in GT5 are great, I love Daihatsu Midgets.

Well.. at least they let you sell those for credits 👍

With the quantity of cars available there should be no reason they made duplicate prizes, especially of crap cars.

Yeah.. they pulled the same trick with the Mazda Cosmo IIRC. 8 hours of racing for 2 ancient junk cars with a total value of about 30k credits. What a cruel joke.
 
tactical_facepalm.jpg
 
Nice MAidioPT haha.
 
Unlike the rest of you that are whinging about it, I checked them out and there are some very big differences between them in the engine department. First off, the DN-X has 1hp more than the Dualnote. The other but more important item is that the DN-X redlines at just 7000rpm, but the Dualnote is closer to the 9000rpm mark.

So while they may seem identical, they actually aren't.
 
Yeah.. they pulled the same trick with the Mazda Cosmo IIRC. 8 hours of racing for 2 ancient junk cars with a total value of about 30k credits. What a cruel joke.

I agree. I already owned a Mazda Cosmo '67 before winning a Mazda 110S '67 after doing the Roadster 4 hours in B-Spec, then I won a '68 version of the 110S in A-Spec. 8 hours of racing around Tsukuba Circuit for two identical cars isn't what I had in mind, but I can live with it. The whole DN-X/Dualnote situation doesn't really bother me too much either.
 
The prizes for the endurances, in not just cars but XP AND CREDITS, is downright insulting.

Sure the races are fun, but I'd like something a bit more substantial for spending my time on the game.
 
Prizecars in GT5 are an insult. Especially compared to GT4, where even the easy races win you cool stuff like an M3 GTR or awesome LM Racecars. Plus you could win them as often as you want, and usually could sell them for credits.

I think the reason for that is because in general, most events are shorter. In GT4, most were at least 3-4 races. Many in GT5 are 1 or 2 races and there are less events.

Another reason could be that people would make money selling cars. I remember doing a DTM championship on 3X B-Spec, winning 200k+ race money, and selling the CLK GTR prize car for 700K+ :D
 
Couldn't agree with the OP more, so far I've been awarded the Jay Leno tank car three times though car tickets. :boggled:
 
I agree, the prize car collection in GT5 is largely a joke. I'm fine with winning a Daihatsu Midget in the Amateur League, but why in the world are we still rewarded with junk for beating Formula GT, Grand Valley 300km (and many of the other endurance races), Schwarzwald B, DTM, American/Japanese/European Championships, etc?

Maybe if there were more worthwhile prize cars in the upper-tier events (or anywhere for that matter) there would be a bit less incentive for others to continually try and exploit the system.
 
Let me laugh a little... Hohohohohohhahahahahaha! Welcome to the facepalm club!

loldog.jpg


No, seriously... It happened to me too. I was wishing for one of the three legendary racers, and with alot of efford, I completed the classic car race. It was hard as hell, since I could only afford a old 60´s Z06 Corvette Race Car, and was racing against faster machines like the 2d, 2j, and what not. At the end, I got a STANDARD Stratos... Needless to say, I felt insulted.

But good news! I did the Indy 200 and got the XJ13!!
 
Back