Another MR spin thread, solution please

• Thread starter cossie8
  • 7 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
cossie8
Dear All,
We have like 1000 threads on MR spinouts. I'm not questioning if it's a bug or a feature that some of these cars are uncontrolable. I'd like to know if anyone mastered them?
Can anyone help how to turn the Cizeta or the Diablos etc. for example in the first corner of Bathurst on a competitive speed?
Are there any tuning that helps?

(I'm playing on DFGT, I have no problem driving the fully upgraded R8 LMS, before you start complaining on my basic skills:))

Be easy when braking, dont just stomp on/off the brake. Mid Engines handle completely different from front engine, you have to be aware of the momentum of the weight. If you brake while turning, that momentum will override the grip of the rear tires and send you spinning. Try trail braking, corner while still applying light throttle.

It takes a while to get use to, but an important quality for a race car driver is the ability to adapt.

Try adjusting the brake balance to something like 8/3, and be gentle with the braking input. Don't trail brake! Also make sure you have throttle (slightly) engaged all the way through a corner. Lift-off oversteer will make you spin.

Thank you guys, I think I just got it:) made 2:10.1 in the Diablo and 2:13 in the Cizeta on Bathurst.
And yes brake balance is 9/4 for every car with a front balance 45 or under.

Diablo GT2 is a bit more difficult I had 2:16 but it will get better.

Try these, maybe one at a time - you don't want to turn your beautiful MR into an understeer machine.

-Change brake bias to be stronger for front wheels (thanks Mt. Lynx!)
-Change brake bias to be COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS for rear wheels (see below)

-Increase LSD Initial Torque (rear)
-Reduce LSD Braking Sensitivity (rear)

-Make rear wheels more Toe-In
-Make front wheels more Toe-In

-Make front side higher than rear
-Make rear springs stiffer than front
-Make rear compression stiffer than front
-Make front extension stiffer than rear

For problem cars like the One-77 (sure, that's not MR, but anyway...) I give them ridiculous understeer settings and also MASSIVE REAR BRAKE BIAS. Then I turn ABS off.
This basically means that slamming the brakes locks the wheels so hard that they can't turn at all. No spin. Of course, it means that entering the corner at all is very difficult.

I bump up the LSD Acceleration Sensitivity and just power-oversteer out of the corner.
You won't set any records like this, of course, but it's enough to beat the CPU.

Personally I think it is something to do with a revision of engine braking in GT6, I find that if you change down through the gears too quickly like you hear an F1 car doing the engine is locking the rear wheels, coupled with a rearward weight bias is spinning the car.
Try being a bit more gentle with downshifts, ie. change down only when you know the engine will be below 5000 revs in the lower gear for example.

Although the only car MR cars I have driven in game so far are an stock NSX and a V6 Clio tuned to 475pp, the NSX was fine but the Clio was a bit trickier (probably down to the LSD also).

Dont drive these cars like in an arcade game, be gendle on throttle, brake and steering.

The most important is to forget about GT5... Even though GT6 looks very similar, they are very different physics wise, and you cannot drive the cars like in 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back