another one... to make ya think

MORAN-AUTO-350Z

(Banned)
Messages
77
Messages
GTP-Asylum
Alright guys i have decided to make anothe quick video to HOPEFULLY change your minds on the way everyone makes there videos. Every gt5p video i have seen online is the SAME OLD THING either speed drifting or massive tiresmoke / ice skating. So i decided to try to recreate some ACTUALL ADVANCED drifting tecnique that has been aplied in real life situations.

Now the 2 videos i have posted are just TEASER VIDEOS to what is next to come i have been online with a good drifter and we plan to get some tandem style stuff free style drifting sort of like what i posted but with a HUGE twist to it.. so keep in touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0vb-malhE
 
See I don't see why that is so amazing, you said it yourself its not that difficult, and i dont think it looks all that good. We're limited in what we can do with drifting right now I kinda like where you're going with this, but where do we go?
 
I agree with Dragonistic. I wouldn't be so harsh if you didn't big yourself up like you did, but... A 1:41 clip featuring ONE sub par spin drift at a poor replay angle, even recorded with a camera? Sorry to say, but that's not gonna impress anyone around here, mate.
 
I understand where you are going with this, and looking forward to see some more. But as the other mentioned. You need to recordt the video better, and work to find places with better replay angles.
 
I agree with you on how people should make more vids on freestyle drifitng or something like that, but it's not new, people (including me) were doing that since drifting started in the gt series. Nothing new there, just not enough people doing it. Show some other tricks, with better recording and angles, and we'll all be impressed.
 
Well i thought i would just throw some stuff togeather that i have not seen others do yet in there videos to show some creativity. I know that its not that impressive to some of you guys, but hey atleast its not the same old style video that EVERY one else makes. Thats fine everyone has there own opinions and i can take criticizm well.

All i was trying to show is that with a little brain power other people can make some fun videos besides the same old boring stuff about how fast they can drift on s tires...
Tho it seems to me that you guys arnt interested in making drift videos with some creativity or anything with originality. So that is fine with me keeep the comments commin :)

Also
We're limited in what we can do with drifting right now I kinda like where you're going with this, but where do we go?
You are only limited to your imagination of what u can come up with ..



Show some other tricks, with better recording and angles, and we'll all be impressed.
I planed on that and as i said this was just a quick teaser video. SORRY for my crap recording ect as i dont have what i need atm to create better replays. I have just bought my first house and moved in about 4 weeks ago and im still organizing stuff and unpacking boxes.


Ske
I agree with Dragonistic. I wouldn't be so harsh if you didn't big yourself up like you did,
haha I want trying to big myself up or what ever man, Was just trying to make people think of different ways to make there videos interesting. Sorry if u misunderstood.
 
Last edited:
No problem, thing is a lot of us have done plenty of stunt driving in GT4 so we've seen it before if you know what I mean. Try and find some of TRi's GT4 videos if you wanna see some truly amazing stuff.
 
You are only limited to your imagination of what u can come up with ..

and the track, and available modes (ie no online drifting right now, so time is limited), communications limits, car limitation, physics limitations, tyre limitations, tuning limitations, even talent and skill limitations.

I didn't mean any bad on yourself on my thoughts on the video, i have no problem with how it was recorded, but the actual driving itself, regardless of how hard it was or indeed easy, just wasn't special. I mean a 360... it's just not a big deal.
 
and the track, and available modes (ie no online drifting right now, so time is limited), communications limits, car limitation, physics limitations, tyre limitations, tuning limitations, even talent and skill limitations.

True on some of those points but there is indeed online drifting just need to have a way to capture it. There have been videos of online drifting posted before i think somewhere here.

Indeed a 360 is nothing spectacular i agree with ya just was saying i have not seen anyone else make a video with one included into it. Also it is quite easy to do them but it just takes good timing of when to throw it and when exactally to catch and drop the clutch also.

Only reason i wanted to post these is to show that there are other things that ppl can incorperate into there videos insted of the same old boring stuff.

thanks
 
I like it, original GT5P drift video!! I catch you're drift..
One question..
Pro or STD physics?
if PRO then I am impressed ;)
 
True on some of those points but there is indeed online drifting just need to have a way to capture it. There have been videos of online drifting posted before i think somewhere here.

Indeed a 360 is nothing spectacular i agree with ya just was saying i have not seen anyone else make a video with one included into it. Also it is quite easy to do them but it just takes good timing of when to throw it and when exactally to catch and drop the clutch also.

Only reason i wanted to post these is to show that there are other things that ppl can incorperate into there videos insted of the same old boring stuff.

thanks

I know there is online drifting, but its very limited (ghosting, time limits due to race) etc. I mean I was drifting with you (badly as i'd just got the new physics and im on a pad) a few days back. There's also difficulty finding good angles to record from online. The real top knotch videos will appear as soon as private lobbies do i suspect.
 
I like it, original GT5P drift video!! I catch you're drift..
One question..
Pro or STD physics?
if PRO then I am impressed ;)
ALWAYS on pro :)

I know there is online drifting, but its very limited (ghosting, time limits due to race) etc. I mean I was drifting with you (badly as i'd just got the new physics and im on a pad) a few days back. There's also difficulty finding good angles to record from online. The real top knotch videos will appear as soon as private lobbies do i suspect.

i feel ya man
 
drifting will always be the same, you cant just re-invent it but that 360 was nice...when you said advanced i tought you were either gonna talk about fast drift or kansai drifting...soo im a little dissapointed but whatever, i respect people who use wheels cause the replays look nice and its 1 step closer to reality (what kind of car use a joystick to steer?)
 
I wouldn't have been surprised if GT by Citroen had a joystick :lol:
 
that was pretty cool. I dunno about you guys but i don't even have a capture card, nevermind video editing software (i'm sure easy to obtain). The 360* into drift is definately cool and looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. Personally i'm just trying to polish up my Drifting skills. I enjoy ripping through the course, the only video i'm interest in making is showing me whipping the G25 around and showing the screen at the same time (same ol boring type videos) to see how 'I" drift (can't even do that properly because my digital camera focus's on me whipping the wheel, and the screen isn't clear :crazy:). Maybe when there are private rooms and i could get together with people with capture cards thats a whole other story. :)👍
 
Back