Another reason why I dislike Montoya

"I am not always where I want to be but I've been finishing fourth, third, second. It's not great but last week Kimi looked like a hero but he was an idiot because he cocked it up just like he did in Barcelona. In Austria, Ralf was as quick as me in practice but screwed it up on Friday."

--quote from Montoya

This is another reason why I dislike Montoya. I'm loosing respect for him quickly. I'm not talking about his incident with Mike but the way he seems to have no respect for other drivers. I mean, just like that, he puts down two great drivers. One in which is his own team mate. I personally think he's a hot head and thinks too highly of himself. This is my opinion, and you guys are free to go against it.

Can I add some reasons why i dont like the guy?

-the video of him snapping on a guy he walked into (posted on gtp). shows that he is a hothead.
-I heard someone quote him on something like this "Ea's f1 2001 gets the physics of an f1 car just right, I like it." (im not sure if he actually said this, i heard someone use it in a gp4 vs. f1 2002 thread. I mentioned mark webber liked gp4, someone came up with that as a rebuttal. If he really said that, he is either really dumb, or doesnt have much integrity.)

I dont like him. I really dont know why some people do.........

Ahh - at least he stimulates discussion. I don't see any comments, positive or otherwise, on Nick Heidfeld for example.

And at least he's prepared to put a pass on somebody!

nick heidfeld isnt in the media very often. it isnt that he is a boring person. I saw an interview with him for the shltty ABC coverage of last years Monaco GP. He looked intelligent and motivated. Nice guy. Id like a nice boring guy over a cocky jackass anyday.

Come on, advanR - it's motor racing, not chartered accountancy!!!

Bring back the 80's - Piquet, Senna, Mansell, Berger, Prost - they were all great for a quote!

why i like montoya

before he started f1, people were saying he wont cut it becuase he is a cart driver and hasnt got the right driving style well he sure proved them wrong. f1 is getting too boring and we need more guys with a personality like montoya or a valentino rossi

...as is Montoya these days, says what he feels like and who gives a toss what anybody else thinks

And as far as calling Ralf and Kimi great, that may be going a bit far, good yes indeed, but not great (yet)

ok, we want someone firey, is that it? irvine possesses that, but hes an asshole!!!

outspoken drivers are good entertainment, but it takes something different for a driver to gain my respect.

Yes, Irvine was outspoken, and yes, he was an ass. F1 didn't need him. Montoya has things to say, and has the talent to back up his statements. When Montoya says he's great and everyone else is rubbish, he's a lot closer to the truth than Eddie "I'm the second best driver in the world" Irvine.

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
When Montoya says he's great and everyone else is rubbish, he's a lot closer to the truth than Eddie "I'm the second best driver in the world" Irvine.

eddie irvine, 2nd best in the world? NEVER

the chances of irvine being the second best driver are about the same as me picking up a truck, NO CHANCE.

Originally posted by vat_man
Come on, advanR - it's motor racing, not chartered accountancy!!!

Bring back the 80's - Piquet, Senna, Mansell, Berger, Prost - they were all great for a quote!
Even if it appears they were slanging handbags most of the time, it was good for a yuck here and there.

There's good old fashined ****-talkin' and spouting garbage. The question is whether they can cash the checks/cheques their mouths can write.

Montoya is a hot head - his history proves it. At austria last year ( or was it the year before) michael was all over him, an when he finally got a run at montoya up to turn 3, montoya had too much of an ego to be a responsible drive, locked his brakes, ran wide and ended up in the gravel with michael.

then he tangled with kimi at nurburgring in the same year, took coulthard off last year at nurburg nad drove into the back of michael at interlagos last year.

In short, a jackass:lol:

2 words:
Montoya Sucks.
Sorry, just had to...

Didnt you just read Mike Rotch's post? There are enough reasons there to show that Montoya does NOT rock.

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Montoya is a hot head - his history proves it. At austria last year ( or was it the year before) michael was all over him, an when he finally got a run at montoya up to turn 3, montoya had too much of an ego to be a responsible drive, locked his brakes, ran wide and ended up in the gravel with michael.

then he tangled with kimi at nurburgring in the same year, took coulthard off last year at nurburg nad drove into the back of michael at interlagos last year.

In short, a jackass:lol:

He ran into the back of Schumacher after Schumacher broke the rules and weaved across the track twice! Motoya is just someone who is prepared to go all or nothing to win rather than be like the rest of the field and drive around in a procession! If he was as bad as you claim him to be Frank Williams would have ditched him long ago.

Originally posted by quicksilver1122
"I am not always where I want to be but I've been finishing fourth, third, second. It's not great but last week Kimi looked like a hero but he was an idiot because he cocked it up just like he did in Barcelona. In Austria, Ralf was as quick as me in practice but screwed it up on Friday."

--quote from Montoya

This is another reason why I dislike Montoya. I'm loosing respect for him quickly. I'm not talking about his incident with Mike but the way he seems to have no respect for other drivers. I mean, just like that, he puts down two great drivers. One in which is his own team mate. I personally think he's a hot head and thinks too highly of himself. This is my opinion, and you guys are free to go against it.

Great drivers????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:
Im sorry Ralf, Kimi Great drivers?? At least JPM won a CART in the championship in america and the indy 500......

If there is a highlight in JPM's career it should be that he won the F3000 championship. That is like the main entrance door into F1. A CART championship is nice and all... but how many CART drivers would make it to F1 compared to F3000.

You are right that Ralf and Kimi are not great drivers... statistically. They are not F3000 champions, or CART champions. But they do however race F1 cars very well. Specially Raikonnen who has pretty much jumped from a go-kart to an F1. You HAVE to be GREAT to achieve something like that. I can drive go-karts, but to switch me into an F1 would be suicide. If Ralf wasnt GREAT, dont you think Button would be driving for Williams right now?

I give you Kimi but as far as ralf goes hes had plenty of time to show us something, true he is a proven race winner, but like I said nothing to realy show.
Kimi very impressive in that he got used to the cars so quickly and with very little seat time.
JPM a proven winner and champion. To his credit indy 500, Monaco which look very good on his resume.

Err, T13R, you're on dodgy ground with the F3000 thing, since F3000 has not produced an F1 champion yet.

Montoya is very very good, but he lacks the professionalism of Michael Schumacher. But give him time, and he'll be there.

Hmm, thats something I havent noticed. Thank you for not bashing me like alot of ppl would have. I thought too quickly, based on the fact that most F1 drivers have been thru F3000.

As for Montoya being good, I have no doubt about it. But being very very good? If he was very very good, Ralf shouldnt be so close to him in the points standing. Ralf has also won 2 races to JPM's 1 this year. This past weekend a tire problem ruined Ralf's race and JPM was able to get ahead of him in the standings. I think JPM needs to be more consistent. I find him abit like an up and down guy. The one thing I like about him is that he is always pushing, no matter what.

Originally posted by toleman19
I give you Kimi but as far as ralf goes hes had plenty of time to show us something, true he is a proven race winner, but like I said nothing to realy show.
Kimi very impressive in that he got used to the cars so quickly and with very little seat time.
JPM a proven winner and champion. To his credit indy 500, Monaco which look very good on his resume.

Olivier Panis won monaco too. Does that make him a proven winner and champion too :confused:

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Olivier Panis won monaco too. Does that make him a proven winner and champion too :confused:

Well, Olivier didn't win an Indy 500 and a Champcar championship.

The sad thing, I think Olivier is much under-rated - some of his performances in '97 before he broke his legs were stunning.

Olivier did lose the best years of his career, by sticking with Ligier and then Prost, when he could have perhaps done better at one of the British-based teams. According to rumours at the time, he simply didn't want to learn English.

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Olivier did lose the best years of his career, by sticking with Ligier and then Prost, when he could have perhaps done better at one of the British-based teams. According to rumours at the time, he simply didn't want to learn English.

I'd heard that too. I didn't realise he was offered the Williams seat in 2000 (the one that Button ended up with). I guess, in an ironic twist given that we're talking about Montoya here, that since Oli knew Montoya was coming over in '01 there was no point lobbing there for a year.

There's something in the chronology of that that doesn't stack up Vat.

Wasn't 2000 the first year he was testing for McLaren? Why would you test at McLaren if you can get a race seat at Williams? It's not like McLaren test vs Minardi race. You'd have thought that he would have taken a race seat at the up-and-coming Williams (it was the BMW bedding-in year) in preference to testing.

Anyway...

His career was already effectively over by 2000. SIX seasons at Ligier. Ouch!

Back