Another solution to boring grinding

  • Thread starter Thread starter mekonrider
  • 15 comments
  • 2,086 views
Messages
436
United Kingdom
York/UK
Messages
mekonrider
What we need is the ability to create our own custom A-spec races that pay out $$ and xp.

I could live with grinding if GT allowed some sort of race series creator that allowed you to make your own balance between difficulty and a maximum payout, of say $100k. You set the cars and track, you chose the restrictions. No more A-spec boredom.

I don't have high hopes for this though seeing as we can't even save car setups yet.
 
Please don't take offense from this, but you havent thought this through.

1 lap of the Nurburgring, I'll make it pay out the upper limit of whatever slider I can that PD give me and why not do the same for Experience too.


Now if it was online..... That would be intresting. Or if it had something like:

$ = D x L / 2

$= Money
D= Distance of the track
L= Laps to do
 
Yeah.

Car setup saving.

please let's let them work on that first
 
What we need is the ability to create our own custom A-spec races that pay out $$ and xp.

I could live with grinding if GT allowed some sort of race series creator that allowed you to make your own balance between difficulty and a maximum payout, of say $100k. You set the cars and track, you chose the restrictions. No more A-spec boredom.

I don't have high hopes for this though seeing as we can't even save car setups yet.

Or you could have some fun with driving the seasonals and the available A-spec events. Try them with different cars and discover how each car handles. I really don't understand all the complaining about the number of A-spec events. There are lots of them and there is variation in the competing cars. Sure, not all of them will pay you 100.000 Cr and 30.000 XP, but I dont mind. It seems like there are frequent updates now online in the seasonals. New A-spec content with variation in tracks and competition. I think it's great. Had fun with the new classic cars seasonal. Drove them all in different cars and had fun.

I can imagine that when you want all cars in the game or all the expensive ones and you want them fast, that you will get frustrated and dissapointed when you grind Indy in your X1 for the 1.000th time. I have a different approach and I'm still enjoying the game.

Nevertheless I think your idea is interesting. Creating own tracks and gettin money and XP for it. Just didn't agree with the motivation.

And if anyone calls me a fanboy I'll come over to your house and stick your wheel and pedal set up your sorry arse.:crazy:
 
Or you can use "the glitch" which lets you do 200 laps of SSR7 in 20 mins giving you 3.6 million if you come first.
 
What sparked my idea was the current historic seasonal event. I like it, but once it's expiry date has passed that's it I can't play it again. I'd happily have it as one of the a-spec series.

It's a pity you can't save seasonals you liked.
 
It's such a great idea to have an event creator that I'd take it even if it paid out zero credits or xp.
 
Yeah, I like this idea.

But the cash payout should only depends on the difficulty of AI opponents and the number of laps.
 
I've made a similar suggestion in the past, it really would open up a lot of possibilities for ENDLESS re-playability in the game and counteract the nightmare of grinding at Indy.

As long as the payouts and Xp limits were reasonable, linked to the PP of the opposition, and laps then I can't see anyone with half a brain cell disliking the idea.

I could setup a decent SGT championship with my favourite tracks in the game and decent amount of races too, unlike Apsecs existing pathetic 3 individual race series. The naysayers who think GT5 is perfect will pooh pooh any idea like this tho.
 
In my opinion, all that's needed is to offer one make races that pay for every car in the game.

Say hello to 1000 more A-Spec races.
 
Online: Host can create a room to "Bet" on a race. Everyone Ante in, and everyone wins a share. Restrictions for race: Vote from all participants. Maximum 3 garage swaps prior race start. Race, win, repeat. Let the real drivers earn monies from the wealthy rubber band elitists.
 
Online: Host can create a room to "Bet" on a race. Everyone Ante in, and everyone wins a share. Restrictions for race: Vote from all participants. Maximum 3 garage swaps prior race start. Race, win, repeat. Let the real drivers earn monies from the wealthy rubber band elitists.

erm it's not a "betting" simulator is it? I want to DRIVE in the game MORE nor less. (and by MORE I mean more interesting races, not boreathons at Indy....I never used to mind it that much...now I HATE that damn track)
 
Theres always just playing the game to enjoy it. You know, there are probably certain things you enjoy about the game that don't revolve around levelling up and acquiring cars that you can't drive with a DS3 anyway.

I haven't moved from level 29 in a month, but I've enjoyed the game more in that month than I have the previous 3. There are other things to do besides completing the game as quickly as possible. No on is going to think less of you if it takes you a year to get 100%. No one (important) is going to care if you don't have an X1.
 
I was thinking about this last night. I thought just how great it would be to have type races against the computer and such. Like 4 door sedan challenges and the 3000gt vs Supra vs 300zx thing. I could go on and on. Then I thought it would be fantastic if I could just make my own. I am not worried about how much money I can get from them and such because it would just be fun.
 
Back