Answer Needed! Would Participation in SCCA ProSolo Disqualify me from GT Academy?

United States
Houston, TX
Hey guys! Long time no see.

Anyways, I'm on the entry list for a SCCA ProSolo national AutoX event taking place on the weekend of May 5-7, and just recently I've remembered GT Academy and the possibility of returning this year. I recall that one of the GTA eligibility requirements was that you cannot have held a national racing license and raced at a national level, but I am not sure about the caveats and intricacies surrounding that rule. (that was paraphrased from the 2014 regulations)

I don't know guys, should I cancel my race that weekend and get my name off the entry list in the event that GT Academy possibly returns this year in the US?

I would like an answer as soon as possible because time is growing short.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know for sure if it would disqualify you so I'm not going to comment on that.

But I will say that considering we don't even know when, if at all, the next GTA open to the U.S. will be, you might as well continue with your current plans. Plus, considering how the previous U.S. GTA winners have been handled I don't know if I would even bother taking part even if I did have the pace.

I don't know for sure if it would disqualify you so I'm not going to comment on that.

But I will say that considering we don't even know when, if at all, the next GTA open to the U.S. will be, you might as well continue with your current plans. Plus, considering how the previous U.S. GTA winners have been handled I don't know if I would even bother taking part even if I did have the pace.

Well yeah, I know it's definitely an unknown as of right now, but in the case that it does, the question is "would it render me ineligible?" But I understand you don't know the answer either. so I might just continue with my current plans.

I'm wondering, how have past GTA winners been handled? Sounds like they have been experiencing hardships I suppose.

Hey guys! Long time no see.

Anyways, I'm on the entry list for a SCCA ProSolo national AutoX event taking place on the weekend of May 5-7, and just recently I've remembered GT Academy and the possibility of returning this year. I recall that one of the GTA eligibility requirements was that you cannot have held a national racing license and raced at a national level, but I am not sure about the caveats and intricacies surrounding that rule. (that was paraphrased from the 2014 regulations)

I don't know guys, should I cancel my race that weekend and get my name off the entry list in the event that GT Academy possibly returns this year in the US?

I would like an answer as soon as possible because time is growing short.

Thanks!
Many of us past US GT Acadamy silverstone participants have extensive national SCCA solo event experience. Its not an issue for eligability.

Back