Anti lock brakes and such.

  • Thread starter Thread starter WdotDynamite
  • 2 comments
  • 508 views
Messages
2
Messages
WdotDynamite
Hello guys, first let me say this seems to be a great and very informative forum. I used the search function but did not find what I was looking for. I am a GT player that converted to Forza, but with the upcoming release of GT5 I sold my 360 for a PS3 looking forward to this game. However Im having trouble with a few things. First off in forza I didnt use any assists, so naturally I want to drive this way in GT. I don't know if its a controller issue (ps3 controller triggers dont seem to be as good as 360) or what it is but no matter how hard I hit the brakes with abs off I just lock them up everytime. I went out and bought those trigger extenders and while they feel nice, I still am not having luck with the abs off. It might be due to the fact the only controller I have right now is a third party (shadow something) but Im not sure. Im just wondering if anyone has any insight or tips on what I should do. Should I get an adapter to use a 360 controller on my ps3 (before you say it I dont have wheel money right now) Will a oem DS3 with the trigger extenders work? I love the game but the fact I cant drive how I am comfortable sucks.
 
It is not a problem of the controller, it is just too hard not to lock the wheels without ABS while using a ds3. Hell, it is even hard with a wheel and pedals. Most of gtplanet users (including myself) use this aid since it makes them faster. I guess you will have to start driving with this assist
 
Yea thats what it seems, I just use it at 1 for right now with everything else off. Im looking at getting a wheel, I used to have a wheel for ps2 and Gt3/4. Not sure what one it was it was the "official" wheel for GT3 it was a blue logitech, it wasnt until I started playing Forza that I even raced with a controller, now thats what Im so used to because I got so fast with it.
 
Back