Anti-Theft: 1993 Honda Civic Ex

United States
East Coast
Connissuer
Would anyone happen to know how to know what the name of the pin on the right is? I understand that it is a security function for the car but I cannot find an alternative or anyone who can make a spare.

20160403_151608.jpg

Without the pin, I am not able to turn the car on. I tried using an aux cord but that did not work since it was too small.

Any forum re-directs would be appreciated, as I could not even find any results on Google relating to my problem.

This is the receiver:

20160403_163707.jpg
20160403_163659.jpg

And no, this is not aftermarket, this came with the car as a factory option. I assume this was in place because of the popularity of the car. After all, it is one of the most stolen cars in the US.

Looks like a two-contact TS ("tip and sleeve") phone connector. The standard phone connector sizes (diameter) for aux cords are 3.5 and 2.5 millimeters, but given that it's an anti-theft device they've probably gone for a more unusual size, like 0.210 inches.

A typical aux cord is a three-contact TRS ("tip, ring and sleeve"), so even if it would fit it probably wouldn't work.

I guess the contact's only job is to close the circuit, and if that's the case it shouldn't be too hard to replace it with another contact, or remove it entirely.

You can read more about phone connectors here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

By the looks of the receiver it looks like an aftermarket or dealer installed unit but the only way to find out for sure is to see where the wire goes and find the control unit see the manufacturer name.

It's an of immobiliser system, inside the pin on yours keys there is a transponder. It would be unlikely to get a new one made.

8510.jpg

By the looks of the receiver it looks like an aftermarket or dealer installed unit but the only way to find out for sure is to see where the wire goes and find the control unit see the manufacturer name.

It's an of immobiliser system, inside the pin on yours keys there is a transponder. It would be unlikely to get a new one made.

8510.jpg

It could transmit some kind of code, but it doesn't have to. The Cobra 8510 system in the picture here is coded and controlled by a computer, but the Ravelco system you posted earlier seems to just complete the electric circuit.

@Connoissuer how do you use the plug? Does it have to stay connected to the jack to keep the car running (similar to Ravelco) or do you just insert it once to "unlock" the car, like the Cobra 8510?

It could transmit some kind of code, but it doesn't have to. The Cobra 8510 system in the picture here is coded and controlled by a computer, but the Ravelco system you posted earlier seems to just complete the electric circuit.

@Connoissuer how do you use the plug? Does it have to stay connected to the jack to keep the car running (similar to Ravelco) or do you just insert it once to "unlock" the car, like the Cobra 8510?
The pin is inserted into the receiver for 3 seconds or more, take the pin out, then I take key-->ignition---->turn and start car.

The pin is inserted into the receiver for 3 seconds or more, take the pin out, then I take key-->ignition---->turn and start car.

Alright, then it's probably coded. The wires should be leading to some kind of box, if you can find it then there might be a name of the manufacturer there and perhaps they can make a spare for you?

Latest Posts

Back