Antique/Vintage cars in GT: which models should be added?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 14 comments
  • 1,880 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

NixxxoN

(Banned)
Messages
2,707
Spain
Barcelona
I'm a classic/vintage/antique car lover, and I would really love to see more old models (there are a few already) which are really interesting and icons of the automotive history.

Here I put some great examples that I would love to drive in the game.


Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic (1938) one of the most expensive and rare cars today. And beautiful too.

bugatti-type-57sc-atlantic-1938.jpg


Bugatti Type 35C GP (1926) a classic of classic racing.

Bugatti_Typ_35C_Grand_Prix_Racer_1926.jpg


FIAT Mephistofeles (1923) 18000cc and 320HP - Speed record breaking monster at the time

fiat-mephistofeles-1923 - 18000cc.jpg

Auto Union Type C Race Car (1934) The non-streamlined version of the one in the game. First rear engine race car I think?

1934_au_grand-prix-rennwagen.jpg


Duesenberg Model SJ Roadster (1932) 320HP

1932-Duesenberg-sj-320hp.jpg


Mercedes-Benz 540K Special (1937) - Rare, expensive, beautiful and awesome in general

1937-Mercedes-Benz-540K-Special-Roadster.jpg


Alfa Romeo 8C (1936) When Ferrari still didnt exist, Alfa Romeo was the true italian sports car.

1936-Alfa_romeo_8C.jpg


And finally two models who are not actually originally built, but are one-off modified cars using old chassis/engines/technology. Both are actually old cars filled with old massive V12 aeroplane engines with over 800HP. Not really "historic" cars but spectacular nonetheless.

Bentley Spitfire - This is a classic Bentley model, but with a 27000cc V12 Rolls Royce aeroplane engine

meteorbentley-10_2059741i.jpg


BMW Brutus - This is actually an old american firetruck chassis filled with an enormous 46000cc V12 BMW engine from a WWII bomber aeroplane.

5398296423_4fc8c943b5_z.jpg





Feel free to add your favorite models :cheers:
 
Last edited:
Maybe not considered vintage enough for you, but any Jeep before Chrysler took over. Willy's or AMC CJs (Civilian Jeeps). Jeeps, the first real off-road vehicles, have been around since 1941 and the civilian models have been around since 1945. It's an extremely important and distinctive part of automotive history and would make for some wicked dirt driving in GT6 for us Jeep enthusiasts. :mischievous:

willys-overland-jeep-cj-2a-ad.jpg


JeepCJ7_700.jpg
 
I would love to be able to recreate Le Mans in the 20's and 30's. Would be pretty fun. So yes to all those vintage race cars.
 
1938 Phantom Corsair

PC.jpg


It's one of the reasons I kept playing LA Noir, I LOVED driving around in the old vehicles in that game. They were so interesting & you so rarely see those kinds of vehicles featured in videogames
 
Ford Model T. Always been my favorite antique/classic car.

607109.1927.Ford.Model.T.jpg

Now this should be added in the group of the 1886 cars - Benz patent motorwagen and Daimler motor carriage - I mean, very old and very slow, would be nice to have them but not very useful for racing I suppose :D
 
Now this should be added in the group of the 1886 cars - Benz patent motorwagen and Daimler motor carriage - I mean, very old and very slow, would be nice to have them but not very useful for racing I suppose :D

I know it wouldn't be very useful for racing :dunce:, but I was only replying to the question asked in the OP, which said nothing about older "racing" cars. Although I am not one of them, but there are people here that just like to get in a car and just drive, and this would be a interesting car to do just that, imho.

Furthermore, this is a 1927 Model T, not even close to 1886.
 
Last edited:
I know it wouldn't be very useful for racing :dunce:, but I was only replying to the question asked in the OP, which said nothing about older "racing" cars. Although I am not one of them, but there are people here that just like to get in a car and just drive, and this would be a interesting car to do just that, imho.

Disregard....unintentional double post.
 
Personally, I'd love to see the Peugeot 201 in a Gran Turismo game. More specifically, this particular 201 two-door convertible, as it has one terrifically touching story behind it (with cars like the Kubelwagen, the Schwimmwagen and Andretti's Hudson Hornet now in GT6, it seems the GT series is now the virtual stomping ground for autos with extraordinary tales to tell).

 
I know it wouldn't be very useful for racing :dunce:, but I was only replying to the question asked in the OP, which said nothing about older "racing" cars. Although I am not one of them, but there are people here that just like to get in a car and just drive, and this would be a interesting car to do just that, imho.

Furthermore, this is a 1927 Model T, not even close to 1886.
I know I know.
As we already have old slow cars as the 1886 ones and other cars like the Fiat 500 or the Citroen 2CV, I would say that besides being old, it would be welcome if they had some power too in order to race them.
 
I know I know.
As we already have old slow cars as the 1886 ones and other cars like the Fiat 500 or the Citroen 2CV, I would say that besides being old, it would be welcome if they had some power too in order to race them.

Well, you said nothing about racing, or fast cars in your opening post. All you said was you wanted ideas/opinions of older Antique/Vintage cars that would be cool to drive in the game. Had you stated you were looking for fast/race cars, I would have listed something different. Also, I don't recall having a 1886 year car in the game do we. Next time be more specific as to what you are looking for. I don't appreciate being called out or having my post discounted because I was only answering what was in the OP.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back