Ant's 95 Civic. (huge update.)

• Thread starter Arixant
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
ArIX_022a
ArIX Ant
As you might have seen in the 'Pictures of Your Car' thread, I picked up my first ride the other day; a 1995 Honda Civic DX.

10280276473_fe1f5389be_o.jpg

This car was originally built to N2 specification by well known SP Engineering's Kristian Wong, used for double duty of being both his track car and daily. It was entered in Super Street FF Battles and VTEC Club meets, and in the hands of himself, and it's other owners - including a former GT Academy finalist, was able to grab multiple wins. What's more with it being a SOHC car going toe to toe with many K series builds - this thing is fast.

10326132316_0a82823a5d_o.jpg

The modifications made by Kristian are relatively mysterious, but known ones are are DC header, straight pipe, air filter, and the most important being a D16Z6 with a rather aggressive tune. On the FF Battle 5 dyno session it made 124 hp and 105 ft-lbs of torque.

ff-5-battle-wong-29.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't updated this thread in a WHILE, so i thought i should update it with what has happened to this car since buying it on a whim in may. Almost immediately after buying it i went out to get a center console and corner lens, inexperienced me didn't know that sedan corner lenses were different and ended up busting it over a pothole before leaving home from the wash one night,
(This exact night lol.)

thus leaving the car looking worse than it already did for a few months while i slacked off on doing any actual work to the car.

A few months went by and a friend and I took the car out to Super D Matsuri at Grange, which i had no clue had a rally stage leading into the track, i let my friend drive the car back into the track after going out for food and drinks and then this happened.

My friend swerved and lost control and drove it up a sand hill and completely destroyed the front bumper and fenders, which then pushed me to finally start pouring money into the car.

The following week a friend of mine came over to help straighten out some of the damage that was already on the car, and the new damage to the fenders that kept the bumper from staying on.

A couple of hours of smacking a bumper while heating it up we got the rear damage out which made the rear end look totally different.
From this,

To this.

After a few weeks i asked a friend of mine if he could help out with repairing the C West bumper, while i ordered a set of vision technica corner lenses.

After about a week my friend had the bumper repaired and painted.

And a month later we had a round of vtec club we were prepping for, and i tagged along to the tire shop we always go to, and to my suprise they had some Buddy Club P1 Racing II wheels just sitting there gathering dust, I asked and received the price point of 20 dollars, so i took them home, turns out they came off the battlecraft DC2.

Some fun at Willow Springs,
33008686536_526d2fd8f1_b.jpg

after that it just went back to daily use.

I grew insanely tired of the overfenders immediately after going back to 16s and decided to get rid of them ASAP, a quick ebay search later i ordered a set of oem replacement fenders. Again, had my friend come over and rivet my latches back on.

and here it is at the vtec club drivers banquet.

Then all through January I went on a spending spree for rare parts for my car.

Thanks to @SVX I got OEM Honda Of America badges

I then scoured through yahoo auctions and sent a couple emails and ended up with these.
A craft-A JTCC coupe wing

and a SiR gauge cluster.

Car then went back to regular use, having fun with friends in mountains and getting used to reading in KMH in a country that uses MPH.

33008683626_b97441b647_b.jpg

and fast forward to last week, a storm hit the hell out of california and i decided it was a good idea to head out to the shop to go hang out, didnt think id get the one gripe i had with the car fixed but, that day but it happened.

The rear end damage was fixed, only took us 6 hours of hammering but there it was, a junkyard trunk was quickly fitted and it shut on the first time, if i wasnt surrounded by my friends id probably be in tears that my car is finally not bent and the wing was finally going on that night.
and so it did.

later that night we headed over to our favorite tire shop to annoy the owner and Yuta Akaishi showed up to hang out for a while, chatted a few hours and then got this, a currently unreleased Battlecraft shift knob.

easily the best driver mod ive done to that car since the personal grinta.

and now how the car sits today.

The last thing I have planned is to fix the overheating issue and then get EK9 sideskirts and finally paint the thing.

TL;DR
I drove the car around a bit, damaged it a bit more, then fixed all the damage. Now it has a wing and reads in KM/H

Last edited:
So today was a rather uneventful day with working on this car, i managed to fix the idle issue where the car would bounce between 900-1500 rpms consistently when it was cold. cleaned out the throttle body and it was gone.

Also decided to try on the honda of america badges to see what they were like, and it really makes me want corner markers, cause thats what will look good with them.

As for the cooling issue its still leaking from a crack in the radiator (as seen in the picture), luckily yuta has a spare EG6 radiator hes letting me have so that might get sorted out on the weekend, if i have the time.

I hadn't seen this thread before, but great work with the Civic so far! Car has come a long way already and once you've sorted out the paint it'll be looking properly tidy. On that subject...

With the new seating position the sun gets directly in my eyes. took it upon myself to remake the "10 Million Civic" JTCC banner and put it on my car so I can actually see where i'm going.

9e909a46363032953d105d663eb849c6.jpg

That banner is really cool but the livery is a fair bit cooler.... Ya know, seeing as you're painting the car anyway ;)

Back