Any chance of the Viper ACR being added to GT7?

United States
USA
As title says, why no ACR in the last two GT titles? Its only been one of the most prolific track cars in the last 20+ years.

In GT7, they gave an ACR like front splitter but they did not give you the front dive planes, wing and rear diffuser in the modifications. I wonder if that is because they will add the ACR later in the updates. I hope so. Its one of the most iconic and still is one of the killer track cars. They obviously have the license. It would be nice to have the actualy ACR or if they can just add the ACR parts via modifications, including the two hood choices.

Also can PD update with the times lol...Vipers have been Turbocharged aftermarket for 20+ years now. Almost 99.9% of the modded Vipers of every generation are turbo charged making from 1000hp to 4000hp....Not realistic to have only supercharger and such low power levels.

Also, is there a possibility of the iconic Oreca Vipers returning? I miss that beast and would love to see it in todays high res graphics.

It's not the same but you can make the GTS '02 look very close to a GTS/R with a custom paintjob from the gallery section, they also perform pretty well against Gr.3 aswell when tuned with max upgrades except engine.

Yeah I have a few modded GTS's that look like the Oreca Cica and the Red/White Oreca killers from 98-00 but they just not authentic...I have a modded Gen 5 all dolled up to look ACR-ish that did the Ring but still not authentic....Just would love to see more Viper content that truly reflects them in the wild. That goes for other brands like the Ferrari 458 Speciale and Pista.

The newest Vipers obviously had the best performance but for me the original was the most beautiful.

Last edited:
I would like to see the monster Viper GTR-S Concept '00 added to Gr.3.

2000_Dodge_ViperGTSRConcept3.jpg

PD Can we please have the ACR. You can Make it part of the modding if you have to. You have a sort of ACRish lip but wrong wing, diffuser and zero front canards. You could have easily added the real ACR pieces in the mods if you didn’t want to create a new car.

I have quite a few ACRish modded Vipers but they just feel fake, because they are lol.

The Viper ACR has a very high chance of later being in the game.

Which version however? The one in GT5/GT6 or the newest one? I dunno... But the Viper has always been a fan favourite in the GT franchise, ever since GT1 in fact. You can have your hopes high.

I would still prioritize the LFA or the 918 Spyder though.

Probably the most current gen, Gen V Viper ACR, built in 2016-2017. I wish I could afford one, but they are now more than double the price of my "lower end" Viper. LOL

Probably the most current gen, Gen V Viper ACR, built in 2016-2017. I wish I could afford one, but they are now more than double the price of my "lower end" Viper. LOL
Yep. I would love to have all years ACR’s, afterall, this is a collection game. But if they only will put one in, let it be the latest killer G5. Would love for PD to step out of the dark ages of only allowing SC on Vettes and Vipers and allow both. They only been turbocharging Vipers for 20+ years now lol.

I hope to see the ACR. it’s in all the other rival franchises games. We got a cornball Cappuccino last update for goodness sakes. Don’t understand PD’s car priority list. No 720S/765LT, Pista, ACR, 918, P1, Aston Valkary etc. nooooo. Let’s give them a cappuccino instead.

I'd take a Cappuccino all day every day over any of those other cars.
You're in the minority... I'd take a malaise-era Camaro or Mustang over a Cappuccino, let alone the cars listed, lol.

Hell yes we need the ACR! I've been trying to build an approximate copy, but since PD didn't give the SRT version the same body kit as the two GTS models it's kind of hard. The '13 GTS can somewhat get there, but the downforce is nowhere near what a true ACR of the era would be capable of, so yeah, not the same...

Oh, and I want a first-gen Viper as well, with no ability to turn assists on, just like the untamed beast the Gen 1 actually was!

Last edited:
Yep. I would love to have all years ACR’s, afterall, this is a collection game. But if they only will put one in, let it be the latest killer G5. Would love for PD to step out of the dark ages of only allowing SC on Vettes and Vipers and allow both. They only been turbocharging Vipers for 20+ years now lol.

I hope to see the ACR. it’s in all the other rival franchises games. We got a cornball Cappuccino last update for goodness sakes. Don’t understand PD’s car priority list. No 720S/765LT, Pista, ACR, 918, P1, Aston Valkary etc. nooooo. Let’s give them a cappuccino instead.
PD has always made ****** decisions. Fanboys will back those decisions and blindly defend this game. For me it was when they made a Prius a premium car over a Supra. Its like they forgot this is a sports car oriented game. I get that they have a ton of **** boxes, but really who wants to drive a prius in game when IRL its a POS and so are the slow drivers in the fast lane/car pool lane?

So yea, I dont even question PD's terrible decisions, thats why I'm hoping T10 makes a stellar game that ***** on GT7, maybe then Sony makes changes we've needed at least 5+ years now, probably closer to 10 years.

Back