Any chance we'll see qualifying in a future update?

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
Any chance we'll see qualifying added in a future update?

I really enjoyed the option to qualify in previous version. It also helped in winning difficult races when you could start further up the grid. It is an important part of every real race and it seems it should be included with GT 6.

Any chance we'll see qualifying added in a future update?

I really enjoyed the option to qualify in previous version. It also helped in winning difficult races when you could start further up the grid. It is an important part of every real race and it seems it should be included with GT 6.

I strongly support this!

Qualifying is a must, the next question is what type, a timed session or single lap shoot out, maybe even a knockout type. But totally agree the A.I. has to be the priority in this instance.

This is what I was going to say. Upgrade the A.I. first, otherwise qualifying only makes sense online. Unless you do like I and some others do, and race a weaker car against the field.
Besides improving AI PD also needs to setup all AI opponents to use competitive cars, having 1-2 AI cars that are considerably faster than every other AI car on the grid totally ruins the race.

That is why one of the slider ideas I have is for "Tuning Prowess". I find it stupid that some cars can REALLY be faster, but not always....

FS7
Besides improving AI PD also needs to setup all AI opponents to use competitive cars, having 1-2 AI cars that are considerably faster than every other AI car on the grid totally ruins the race.
Along with that, I wish PD would set up more serious racing events when you begin seeing race cars. In some of the earlier events, the field is a real hodge podge of lower classed race cars mixed in with all manner of sports cars. It's like some weird track day event.

In the I-A Class events which I've been racing a lot, the cars are more like what I'd expect to see in a real race. They still don't have all the cars they could within a certain performance and class, but in the Dream Car Championship I raced yesterday, there were four Touring Cars and the rest were LM class. Well, and the BMW V12 LMP, but it was a great race for me, seeing a bunch of cars that actually belonged together, like a two class race.

Especially now, with Kaz garnering this tie-in with FIA, I want to see races like that Dream Car thing, events you'd expect to see on TV in pro league racing. It means that PD has to provide more race cars in various classes and leagues, but in many cases, all they need are alternate liveries. I'm fine with fantasy liveries if they can't get a racing team licensed. In many cases they need more cars. We have a bunch of cars in GT6 that could stand to be race modded anyway. Tracks too, they do need more tracks, but some of those could be provided by upgrading more legacy tracks like Midfield and Red Rock Valley, which I want to see done anyway. Their fantasy tracks are very good.

And then of course, there's my dream mode for GT7, FIA GT Pro which I'd love to see take the form of a microcosm of motorsports, from grass roots to full racing leagues. If they could only manage to come up with one, two, three full leagues of cars and tracks to provide a nicely long mini-season of racing at the top of the tree, that would be fine. They could add leagues as licensing and modeling permitted.

This is another thing that puzzles me. The Indy race in I-B or I-A (I think it's the latter) has street cars and LM cars, as well as a few in between. Whaaa..... ?

This should be selectable as well, even if only for a range. Give us the ability to mix it up for back markers (a reasonable idea for THIS race, but not all), or have everyone running relatively similar cars.

In regards to quialfying I actually like fighting from the back of the pack to the front, mostly due to the lack of competitive racing from the A-I, so I hope if PD does add qualification it is an option and not mandatory.

Back