Any clue what the flavour slider does?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Should read tone sorry!!! The tone slider?? What does it do?? I know in PC 2 you could pick 3 but this has a slider (I think it was called that, just shut down the xbox for lunch). I can't really notice any difference whatever I set it to on my G920? An explanation of exactly what all ffb settings do would be helpful also as I just set mine the same as PC2 but it does feel different to that game

Last edited:
Should read tone sorry!!! The tone slider?? What does it do?? I know in PC 2 you could pick 3 but this has a slider (I think it was called that, just shut down the xbox for lunch). I can't really notice any difference whatever I set it to on my G920? An explanation of exactly what all ffb settings do would be helpful also as I just set mine the same as PC2 but it does feel different to that game
If I have understood this right (watched a video on the Project CARS 2 setting last night while setting up my wheel):

Strength:
  • The overall "weight" of the wheel.
  • 0 - Very easy to turn or countersteer
  • 100 - Very "heavy" wheel, requiring a lot of effort to rotate

Tone:
  • 0 - Places more emphasis on feedback from the surface (bumps, rumble strips etc.)
  • 100 - Places more emphasis on feedback from the wheels (slip angle)

Vibration:
  • Same as FX from PC2, it amplifies the Tone setting

There's no "Flavour" setting, at least not on Xbox with my wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Formula V2).

Somebody who has played both Project CARS 2 and Project CARS 3 can probably correct me if any of this is wrong.

If I have understood this right (watched a video on the Project CARS 2 setting last night while setting up my wheel):

Strength:
  • The overall "weight" of the wheel.
  • 0 - Very easy to turn or countersteer
  • 100 - Very "heavy" wheel, requiring a lot of effort to rotate

Tone:
  • 0 - Places more emphasis on feedback from the surface (bumps, rumble strips etc.)
  • 100 - Places more emphasis on feedback from the wheels (slip angle)

Vibration:
  • Same as FX from PC2, it amplifies the Tone setting

There's no "Flavour" setting, at least not on Xbox with my wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Formula V2).

Somebody who has played both Project CARS 2 and Project CARS 3 can probably correct me if any of this is wrong.
Thanks for this. You are right about flavour that was my terrible memory getting me confused. I will set it at 50 percent on the tone then for now and tweak from there now I know what I am feeling for

I don't have PC3 to examine, but if Tone works like in PC2 it will be easiest to see what's happening at extreme values like 80/20 or farther. At the one extreme the road will feel like it's flat and featureless like you are on a skidpad, but it's really easy to tell how hard you are working the car itself. At the other end the steering itself will feel quite limp and floaty, but you can feel every bump and dip and camber and curb much better.

It's very much a taste thing and chasing the parts you have a harder time "reading" through your hands, but in practice you probably won't want to go too far to either end so that you don't lose too much information. If it works the same.

Tone - In PC2 I found that I had to vary this from road car to racecar, the stiffness of the suspension made a difference to its effect. Not sure if that is still the case in PC3.

Back