Any Dead Space Fans?

scooter1265, GTP_scooter1265
Dead Space, in my opinion, is the best survival horror game ever made. I'm not a big Resident Evil fan, or Silent Hill. Manhunt looked cool, but they (Rockstar) will probably only make the two that are out.

Dead Space, however, keeps me entertained! The first Dead Space still has me hooked. I'm still going for the Platinum for it. Dead Space Ignition, well, it sucks. But the story is pretty good. Dead Space 2...that'll be the day! Multiplayer looks awesome, the single player looks intense, and Extraction will be sweet in HD and Trophies.

Anybody else huge fans of the series?

Got into it after seeing the gameplay for 2. Since then I've loved it, the only other survival horror game that can compete with it (and in some cases succeed it) is F.E.A.R. Can't wait for January, Dead Space 2 all the way. I still need to finish the first one.

The ending is intense. And I hope the "fix this, find that, kill him" missions are gone for good. Those kind of got annoying, lol.

The ending is intense. And I hope the "fix this, find that, kill him" missions are gone for good. Those kind of got annoying, lol.

It's another game that genuinely keeps me on the edge of my seat, and can frighten the 🤬 out of me. :lol:

I absolutely love the Plasma Cutter. Aim right, and all it takes it one round to severe an entire limb. DL'ed some content, and I think I have the Astronaut attire on right now, I think...don't exactly remember what it's called - I need to play again, Badly.

Once you beat it on Nightmare(Hardest difficult), you unlock the Military Suit aka the best suit, a Level 6!

^Agreed!

Yeah, nightmare mode is impossible. I smacked, yes smacked, a fan across my living room while on the last chapter of the game.

But...there is one thing I learned during my playthrough.
Google "Dead Space Cheats PS3", and there are cheats to refill your Air Tank, Stasis, and other cheats that give you a crapload of credits and power nodes.
Jus' Sayin'

Yup, Dead Space is my favourite in the genre without a doubt. Can't wait for the second one.

^Agreed!

Yeah, nightmare mode is impossible. I smacked, yes smacked, a fan across my living room while on the last chapter of the game.

But...there is one thing I learned during my playthrough.
Google "Dead Space Cheats PS3", and there are cheats to refill your Air Tank, Stasis, and other cheats that give you a crapload of credits and power nodes.
Jus' Sayin'
I used those and still can't survive! Finishing it on Impossible is the only trophy I am missing for the Platinum and I gave up a long time ago because I really do not think I can do it. I may have to try again, it has been over a year I have not played.

Ohh Im a Dead Space fan!! I only played it recently, it was just an impulse buy at the pre owned section I had it for weeks and didnt even play it!!
Eventually I got round to playing it and straight away I was hooked. Everything about it is soo good, I love the music and the atmosphere it creates, the weapons and the story is pretty good too! The only thing I didnt like though was the asteroid shooting bit, thats my only problem with the game...

Just trying to get as many trophies as i can atm, im stuck at around 75% i think, the over 50% health trophy is tooooo hard...

Cant wait for dead space 2 :D

I just played the Dead Space 2 demo. It's AWESOME!

I'm a huge fan of the first one. Well, I'm a huge fan of survival horror in general, but this one in particular. The demo gave me the impression, "more of the same." Normally, that's a bad thing, but it was more of the same formula (action-wise, mind you) that made the first game great. And the fact that you can fly around in zero-gravity is a win. I hated the jumping in the first game.

For future reference: Crazy-Babies = better have full health. They swarm.

Yeah the demo was good. The shooting was much more fun than in Dead space 1. Hopefully Dead space 2 will have more varied gameplay and environments.

This game is an auto-win. The demo was amazing, flying around in zero-g made me a little sick though but man this game is great. It is such a scary game.

I wish for a better melee though, like hitting them with your gun while they're standing and then stomping them when they're down. I also think the enemies that you kill should drop items, rather than having to stomp them all the time. Stomping should only be necessary to search the bodies that were already on the ground.

I'm trying the demo first thing tomorrow, and then pre-ordering the game right after. :lol:

January sure as hell got here fast, didn't it?

Just finished the E3 demo, and I hate the way it ends....just as I did last June. :lol:

Also got a look at the Collector's Edition, and it comes with a replica Plasma Cutter. :drool:

Must. Have.

Anyone get through this yet?

There's definitely going to be a third given the dialogue that takes place after the credits have rolled.

Anyone get through this yet?

There's definitely going to be a third given the dialogue that takes place after the credits have rolled.

Yop, finished it.
Loved it.

Here is what i thought during playing:
I'm now on chapiter 11 or 12.

It's hard to elect the better one.
I think the first one was more difficult. Especially the scene with the necro that regenerated. That was nasty.

This one is more action.

It's like the alien movies.

The first one was a lot of suspense and subtile, the second was straight forward.
Not that it's a bad thing.
I like the action packed side of the second game, though it appears to be less difficult than the first one ( i cheated on the first one ).
I only died 2 times and several times were i wanted to see the death animation, because those are hillarioulsy good on dead space.
The zero gravity scenes are fun, with more liberties, though i would have loved to walk on all walls.

I'm 8 hours in now on normal, should have gone with zealot, especially with my zealot suit and a better force gun.

Got the refurbished slicergun because of the savegame on the first dead space.

Also tried a quick MP, lots of fun. Eager to play more...

Loving it (sry McDo)

Also played the Extraction trial on psn with move. Lot of fun.

And for dead space fans, watch the 2 movies.

The hardcore mode will be hard, only 2 saves for the whole game.

Yop, finished it.
Loved it.

Here is what i thought during playing:

I remember reading that but couldn't respond as I didn't have the game at the time. In any case you mention it's hard to elect the better game of the two, and while the original is definitely more difficult (no denying that whatsoever) I think 2 has a better story, better animations (mostly the RIG animations), and is the better experience altogether. It's genius how seamless the story is and how well it flows, you don't even need to know what's gone on in the original because it's pretty much a pick up and play type of deal and it helps that the "Previously [or is it 'Last Time'?] on Dead Space" is there should you want to see it.

Yes, it's easier and nodes are far more plentiful than I can remember them being in the original (I exploited the save game bug for infinite nodes and credits after my first play-through) and I'm still enjoying the crap out of this game. I'll advance to one of the more difficult....difficulties after I've coasted through the game on the easiest setting first.

I became a Deadspace 2 fan the second it decided to use the Sharpshooter peripheral. Normally I buy all my third party games on the 360, but the Sharpshooter could start changing things. I think MS will be forced to release a gun controller for Kinect really soon, hopefully for the Halo CE remake.

Back