Any help would be greatly appreciated

  • Thread starter Thread starter c0485sanchez
  • 24 comments
  • 1,517 views
Messages
122
Messages
Slowleen00
Hello everyone

Id just like to thank everyone who may look at this and answer in advance for helping me out. About a year and a half ago my house was broken into and all my valuables were taken, including my ps3 and the only game Ive ever played on it, GT5. I havent yet purchased a ps3 since then, been putting it off for a while now. Hopefully within the next week or so Ill be purchasing one and getting back into the game. I believe when the syestem was taken my usb was still plugged in which means I have nothing left as far as cars, licenses, etc. So here is my question. What version of the game do I buy? Collectors with the DLC cars? XL with the $20 of merchandise? Basic and work my way back up? I had close to 90% of the game completed, all using a basic controller (cant get used to the wheel) so when it was stolen a part of me seemed to be missing, like months of my time working at the game lol. And suggestions would be helpful, and when I get the system, if there is anyone out there willing to donate some key cars Id appreciate that as well.

Thanks again to everyone.
 
Sorry to hear about that, you know if you had of known your last ps3's mac address, Sony or the police can track it, it might be on your box. Anyhow, I think the DLC is a waste of money, just for a few xtra cars that you probably wouldn't want to drive anyway, and also it's only good for the special stage route X which is only great for online drag racing, however I used to have GT5 almost completed then I lost my game save, and t one honest, starting over wasn't so bad it was actually fun and now I am a better and more skilled driver online and off :D so best advice is start from scratch, you will start to enjoy again!:-)
 
Happy to donate cars to a fellow Chicagoan! Send me a message on psn with whatever car you want.

Cant help with what version to buy, sorry.
 
I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can certainly symphasize with you on losing your gamesave as I very nearly lost mine due to a glitch with the latest update.

My advice would be to buy the XL Edition as it has all the updates up to 2.00. That way you only need to download the last 10 updates which doesn't take long at all. Better than trying to download all 20 which can take forever.

Also, starting over is a drag yes, but it can also be a new challenge if you go about it differently than you did before. When you get up and running, shoot me a f/r to my main, "cargorat323" and I will send you some things to help get you started. Please note in the f/r who you are and what its for so I remember you. Hope you get back up and running again soon. Peace.
 
Thank you guys, the answers on here have been great. Still debating on if I'm going to buy a new or used system, but as soon as I decide ill hopefully fall right back into the groove of things.
 
Thank you guys, the answers on here have been great. Still debating on if I'm going to buy a new or used system, but as soon as I decide ill hopefully fall right back into the groove of things.

I just bought my first ps3 from GameStop. A refurb 320 gb with gt5 xl for a total of 287 bucks. I'd suggest getting the xl edition. You get some extra tracks like spa, that have been removed from the online dlc. Make sure you buy it new though because it has a one time use code for the tracks. That and it's only 19.99$
 
Sorry to hear. If I were you I would buy the GT5 with DLC because at some point you would want to buy the DLC so why not buy it with the game I'm sure you will get it for a much cheaper price.
 
I just bought my first ps3 from GameStop. A refurb 320 gb with gt5 xl for a total of 287 bucks. I'd suggest getting the xl edition. You get some extra tracks like spa, that have been removed from the online dlc. Make sure you buy it new though because it has a one time use code for the tracks. That and it's only 19.99$

Honestly, I won't need a 320, I only play one game, and that's GT5. But the XL is an option, and I guess I like the idea of the Collector's addition as well to have the little extras.
 
So after doing some research I think I've decided that I don't need a 320gb ps3 again, so I may get the 160gb, maybe even a 80gb or 40gb. I really only play this one game and then use it for the dvd/blueray player. I've also decided I'm going to purchase the XL version of the game.

Now, is there any way to get the DLC codes from the collectors edition to get the five cars aside from buying the entire set? I have no problem buying the set, just looking to see if there is a way to get those five cars without doing so. Although those cars aren't anything too special, I'd still like to have them in my garage.
 
Honestly, I won't need a 320, I only play one game, and that's GT5. But the XL is an option, and I guess I like the idea of the Collector's addition as well to have the little extras.

The 320 was 249.99, the 250 was 239.99 and the 160 was 229.99. To me 20 more bucks was worth it for double the space. I probably wouldn't ever even use the 160 but who knows, might be able to use that hard drive for a ps4, which I don't plan on buying for awhile.
 
c0485sanchez
So after doing some research I think I've decided that I don't need a 320gb ps3 again, so I may get the 160gb, maybe even a 80gb or 40gb. I really only play this one game and then use it for the dvd/blueray player. I've also decided I'm going to purchase the XL version of the game.

Now, is there any way to get the DLC codes from the collectors edition to get the five cars aside from buying the entire set? I have no problem buying the set, just looking to see if there is a way to get those five cars without doing so. Although those cars aren't anything too special, I'd still like to have them in my garage.

Those cars, assuming you're talking about the Chromline cars from the collectors edition, are expired. They expired last month, or this month? They're off the table now, can't use them anymore.
 
Hi,sorry to hear your misfortune.
Because you only play GT5 I'd get a 160GB PS3 and you'd have space for movies,pictures and music.As for GT5,XL edition is best at only 20$ it's great value with DLC on it,just make sure you buy it new.
Hope that helps,if you want any friends to play online with feel free to send me an FR when you get your PS3.:)
 
Sorry to hear that. Make sure to deactivate your account on the old system. That can be done via Sony Entertainment Network (.com). Just deactivate all systems, and renew your password.
 
God, chicago is a war zone

You obviously haven't lived in Detroit before have you? I personally have witnessed two drive-by shootings, a supermarket hold-up, have had my ex-girlfriends car stolen within 10 minutes of parking it and various fights involving weapons. Also have had all four of my tires slashed after I fired an employee when I was a supervisor at a UPS warehouse. And the sad thing about all that is, Detroit has gotten alot better than it used to be. In the 70's, it used to be a whole lot worse. At one point, Michigan was just referred to as "The Murder Mitten" because of a few other troubled cities as well as Detroit. So yea, Chicago is not alone in its problems.
 
You obviously haven't lived in Detroit before have you? I personally have witnessed two drive-by shootings, a supermarket hold-up, have had my ex-girlfriends car stolen within 10 minutes of parking it and various fights involving weapons. Also have had all four of my tires slashed after I fired an employee when I was a supervisor at a UPS warehouse. And the sad thing about all that is, Detroit has gotten alot better than it used to be. In the 70's, it used to be a whole lot worse. At one point, Michigan was just referred to as "The Murder Mitten" because of a few other troubled cities as well as Detroit. So yea, Chicago is not alone in its problems.

Damn, guess I have to cancel my 8 mile trip now that you said all that lol. I live on the northwest side, we don't see much crime or violence this way, not like the south side anyways. I used to bowl in a big cash tournament every year in Detroit, not too far off 8 mile too. Luckily, the first day there we got to meet a lot of locals and they told us where not to go.
 
Those cars, assuming you're talking about the Chromline cars from the collectors edition, are expired. They expired last month, or this month? They're off the table now, can't use them anymore.

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the info.
 
Sanchez, I too only play GT5 on my PS3 and would be very hard pressed not to have it. If I can assist you with cars or share something let me know.
PSN: Racin-Rev
 
So I bought a ps3 today, 320gb madden 13 bundle, brand new for $200. My cousin bought it for her fiance but hes stuck on Xbox, so his loss is my gain. So, few more questions.
1. Will any Bluetooth headset work on the systems? I used to have a Logitech or some brand like that but the blue tooth I use on an every day basis is very comfortable and people can't even tell I'm on a tooth.
2. Ill be changing my psn, so can I change my sn on here as well?
3. Anyone want to donate some vital and useful cars? Haha jk jk. But I do appreciate everyones help ands input on this.
 
I can give you a car to get you started. Just do the seasonals and get a little bit of cash to buy what you need. My psn jd is the same as my forum name.
 
Damn, guess I have to cancel my 8 mile trip now that you said all that lol. I live on the northwest side, we don't see much crime or violence this way, not like the south side anyways. I used to bowl in a big cash tournament every year in Detroit, not too far off 8 mile too. Luckily, the first day there we got to meet a lot of locals and they told us where not to go.

Funny you mention 8 mile. Thats my old stomping grounds. Also, were one of those places that you were told not to go to called "Little Saigon"? That is one of the worst places in Detroit and you should definately not be in that neighborhood unless you live there. It is like a 4 block x 2 block warzone.
 
Cant you get the Academy version in the US ?
 
Cant you get the Academy version in the US ?

Thread here.
You can find it on ebay, you can play it and get the 10 000 000 credits for achieving gold, but you will show up on the leaderboard as from 'other region' and cannot win the real life prize.
 
Last edited:
Back