Hydein the new demo, the AI with the supra is really defensive, he slams on the brake on alot of corner where his speed is not too quick, while the Evo8 AI is really aggressive and will push u out into the grass.
I'd love to have different AI styles in GT4, as I find that resembles real life racing. Each driver has his/her own style, so if GT4 has this, great! However, as Jedi2016 said, there's a fine line between aggressive driving and stupid driving. Let's hope PD sticks to the aggressive side.
Jedi2016All I want is an AI that actually thinks.. you know, the "intelligence" half of "Artificial Intelligence". One that, if I'm taking the inside of a corner, it actually knows I'm there, and takes the outside. Rather than slamming into me six ways to Sunday to try to get back into it's "line". In real life, racers tend to want to avoid contact with other cars.. but in GT, the cars don't even know you're there. That right there is the crux of the AI argument, and the source of all the complaints about GT's AI.. it all boils down to the fact that the AI cars do not adjust their driving based on the location of the player's car... They're oblivious, and are simply stuck to their pre-programmed line. Which is frustrating for several reasons.. one, they can bump you right off the road without realizing it, and there are plenty of times where you're forced OUT of your own racing line because the AI car's driving like an idiot.
The most intelligent (pun intended
Caligula1Rubber Band is in there intentionally
I agree 100%! I think it's either a big sign of laziness (doubt it, doesn't seem to be PD style, and they seem to be an anal bunch), time constraints (very possible, but they don't seem to mind delaying this game so who knows) or Sony wants the rubber band effect in the game to appeal to the masses. IMHO, I think AI does not sell games to the masses. Sony knows this, and there for more time is spent on aspects that sell (i.e. graphics!). AI is only important to simmers, people who want the most realistic racing possible.
I so want this game to have good AI.