Any interest in a group with these rules?

• Thread starter Kayl669
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I want to organise GT7 group along the following lines but have no idea what level of interest there might be for it so let me know if you've been wanting something similar and we can see if there's enough interest to try it. Maybe you've already another similar group so please let me know! Ideal time for me is Friday evenings UK time.

The event
  1. One race event per week composed of 3 10-minute-ish rounds. Event winner has highest cumulative points from 3 rounds.
    1. One event per week would hopefully be doable for the sort of casual racer I'd be hoping to attract. You'd preferably use a gamepad and have a spare 30-mins between events for lapping practice. But that's it - its a group for casual racers who don't have a lot of time and are of average ability.
    2. 3 shorter rounds offers a reset for anyone with a bad start and starting over makes it more exciting. Boost is never used.
    3. Racing based on respect for other racers and the event in general. If your behaviour is compromising the quality/fun of the event you'd not be welcome.
    4. 15 min qualifying session serves as warm up and establishes grid position in round 1
    5. rounds 2 and 3 grid position previous race reversed (better imo would be culmulative event points reversed - but a handful to manage)
    6. The car and track change every week. Whoever's designed that week's race specifies the car and the tune.

The car
  1. No GR4/3/2 cars. No racing cars.
  2. Primary qualifying factor is how good it sounds; the more aggressive the engine note the better. Racing transmissions never used as they eliminate any satisfaction you get from moving through gears. If your ears are bleeding then good that's what we're after.
  3. The formula I want to follow to produce event cars is:
    1. Take any fairly inexpensive road car and work out how good it sounds - generally I find you want to do all the "permanent" engine upgrades to find the best sound. Praps also fully customisable (not racing) transmission and racing exhaust. Obviously you have to run the dump valve on strong if applicable! If the idea of racing it doesn't excite you based on how it sounds, bin it off and try something else.
    2. Power/grip: The rough idea I've got for the cars speed is British / World Touring Cars. Examples in videos below. Generally sports tyres as e.g. you want some driver challenge in dealing with slightly too much power on corner exit. 350-550 bhp. Once you've got the best engine sound some cars may need detuning.
    3. Take all the handling upgrades and do a handling tune. I use Praiano's tunes a lot. Event host provides this to others pre-race. Other tunes may be suggested but its up to the host.
    4. Always wide body kit, consistent body parts and racing livery.
The track
  1. Lap time ideally in 40s-90s range - shorter laps to promote on track feeling of racing.
    1. GP tracks are too long - shorter variations generally have to be used to fit this rule.
  2. Fast, flowing tracks are good. I think all of the Maggiore/Sardegna layouts would produce good racing.
Possible other dimensions
  1. "Joker lap" where you have to go into the pits.
  2. Multiple cars well balanced on offer for a particular event.
  3. Racers doing well after 1st/2nd round get performance detune.
  4. League/teams. If doing an event with teams then team members use the same livery.
Now I've posted this I can at least tell myself I've tried. I had a group but it kind of disbanded - it wasn't perfect because they used boost and didn't do any practice.

Examples of car/track combinations:

(the sound of this one in the menus gets me every time :P) :

Back