- 28,469

- Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Johnnypenso
I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested and if I get enough interest I'll throw something together. I love the karts in GT5 (125 shifters in the next update please!) , used to race karts when I was a kid, but the tracks available for racing them in GT5 aren't exactly kart tracks. It's fun going wide open for a while, and drafting to finish but it definitely wears thin over time. I haven't raced the kart for a few weeks now because of that.
So since the update came out I've monkeyed around making some kart tracks and I think I've come up with some much more realistic tracks 1-2 km in length with around 40-70 second lap times. You get a long front straight usually and a shorter back straight, some fast esses, a tight hairpin or two (60 km/h), and a good run up to the finish line to promote some exciting finishes. They aren't tracks you are going to learn in 1 lap because you've driven them in a car already 100 times but they will definitely separate the men from the boys as far as driving skills go. You can download friends tracks from their profile I believe so everyone can have and practice on the same tracks.
I've eliminated the random bumps throwing the karts sideways, but in the course designer there are always random elevation changes and it's hard to make one without 1 turn that is at the peak of a slope and you lose traction. However, it is predictable and you will only spin if you go too fast, same as any other corner.
If you're interested in what would likely be a series on weeknights just drop a line here and if there's enough interest maybe we can get something going.
So since the update came out I've monkeyed around making some kart tracks and I think I've come up with some much more realistic tracks 1-2 km in length with around 40-70 second lap times. You get a long front straight usually and a shorter back straight, some fast esses, a tight hairpin or two (60 km/h), and a good run up to the finish line to promote some exciting finishes. They aren't tracks you are going to learn in 1 lap because you've driven them in a car already 100 times but they will definitely separate the men from the boys as far as driving skills go. You can download friends tracks from their profile I believe so everyone can have and practice on the same tracks.
I've eliminated the random bumps throwing the karts sideways, but in the course designer there are always random elevation changes and it's hard to make one without 1 turn that is at the peak of a slope and you lose traction. However, it is predictable and you will only spin if you go too fast, same as any other corner.
If you're interested in what would likely be a series on weeknights just drop a line here and if there's enough interest maybe we can get something going.
Last edited: