Any interest in Wheel Tunes?

United States
In my head
None
xRowdyBurnsx
Just fishing here. I returned to Xbox and the Forza Series after getting bored with GT7, but this time I am on the wheel (TS-XW). I noticed that all vehicles drive completely different than the controller, especially RWD. I figure FM7 might see an uptick in players until the FM8 release which is looking more and more like Fall 2023.

Anywho, if anyone is interested or struggling with the wheel and want to try a different setup, let me know. I'll post my wheel settings along with cars I have tuned for the wheel. Currently I have not uploaded any but will if there is any interest. Thanks.

sign language steering wheel GIF by Sign with Robert

So these are my current wheel settings. I changed my rotation to 720 after this screen shot. My setup is not too strong but that is my preference. If you want stronger, play with the Center Spring amd wheel damper. Anyway, hope this helps.
Photo Jan 26 2023, 8 24 03 PM.png

Current Tunes Available, Description Word is SLO. Also, if the tune does not have "Wheel" in the name, it is one of my old controller tunes.

ALL TUNES WERE MADE WITH TCS, ABS, AND STEERING ASSIST TURNED OFF!

S800 Aston Martin Vantage GT12 - Decent Mid Track (01/26/23)
S800 Ferrari F12TDF - Not really competative but fun to drive (01/26/23)
S800 Ford RS200 - AWD (02/01/23)

A700 '17 Alfa Romeo Guilia - Mid Track, originated from when I ran HLR hot lap competition (01/26/23)
A700 Shelby Daytona Coupe - Mid Track (01/26/23)
A700 '95 Skyline GTR LM - Mid-Short Track (01/26/23)
A700 '02 Corvette Z06 - Mid Track (01/26/23)
A700 '05 Lotus Elise 111s - Short Mid Track (02/01/23)
A700 '92 Ford RS Cosworth - AWD - Accel (02/01/23)
A700 '05 Honda NSX - Short Mid (02/01/23)
A700 '92 Honda NSX - Mid (02/01/23)
A700 '68 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale (02/01/23)
A700 '03 VW R32 - AWD (02/01/23)

B600 '97 Mazda RX-7 - Mid Track, No Aero (02/01/23)
B600 '32 Ford Roadster - Mid Track (02/01/23)
B600 '11 Audi RS5 - AWD (02/01/23)
B600 '68 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - (02/01/23)
B600 '03 VW R32 - AWD (02/01/23)

*Last edited 02/02/23

Last edited:
What setup do you have? The FFB on FM7 has been horrendous imo, at least with current gen Fanatec DD wheels/rims/pedals.

Jerome

OP updated with additional tunes. Thanks to those that are trying out. I'm finally starting to beat some of my OG controller times but I wasn't that fast to begin with. If I manage inside top 5%, I'm happy. Hense the SloGrumpyDad.

Hi, I play FM7 with my T300RS (thanks to drivehub) the game is pretty good with a wheel once you find the right FFB.
Your setup is nice, I don't like heavy wheel as well, I run my wheel on 900° and I adjust the steering ratio directly on the cars (ex race cars, F1)
My advice for thrustmaster wheels set damper scale & center spring to 0 (theses are mostly for Logitech wheels), you will have a far better experience and you will feel more effects
I also reduce the vibration to 1 and boosted some other forces to my taste.

Let me know :-)

Thanks friend! So since I've last posted I upgraded to the Sparco R383 wheel which is closer to standard. I actually had to turn up a few settings because of the larger wheel. Having Wheel Damper and Center Spring at zero makes the wheel too light. Problem is now I'm clipping a little bit but at the same time I never went back and turned up the FFB settings through my PC. I think that may help with the clipping.

I will say the bigger wheel has made me quicker. I've also tweaked a lot of the Tunes in OP but I have to share them again.

I'm still not "fast" but am setting top 1% lap times. Seems when I am in Multiplayer, I usually place 3rd through 10th but many times I am in rooms with UNR guys and other top players. I have no idea how they run the lap times that they do, even on controller.

Thanks friend! So since I've last posted I upgraded to the Sparco R383 wheel which is closer to standard. I actually had to turn up a few settings because of the larger wheel. Having Wheel Damper and Center Spring at zero makes the wheel too light. Problem is now I'm clipping a little bit but at the same time I never went back and turned up the FFB settings through my PC. I think that may help with the clipping.

I will say the bigger wheel has made me quicker. I've also tweaked a lot of the Tunes in OP but I have to share them again.

I'm still not "fast" but am setting top 1% lap times. Seems when I am in Multiplayer, I usually place 3rd through 10th but many times I am in rooms with UNR guys and other top players. I have no idea how they run the lap times that they do, even on controller.
Okay I'm on Xbox, so I'm unable to dial the wheel before launching the game, good to know if it's better with a larger wheel, I'm considering buying one.
I'm not obsessed by getting in top 1%, I'm more in getting a good driving experience and a challenge with other people or AI, playing with a controller is killing it for me, despite been faster

Back