Any news/rumour on upcoming new wheels? (successor of Thrustmaster T-GT)?

• Thread starter Ronarch
  • 11 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Hi guys. New to the forum and noob to racing.
My G27 is almost 10 years old. And now with my recent purchase of FH4 (because it just come to Steam) I am eagerly looking for an upgrade.
I am nowhere near an enthusiast but I have demand to have realistic driving feeling. Ability to race faster is not my priority.
Hope to contain the budget under $800, I did some research and found T-GT quite promising.
However a local dealer said the model has been discontinued but there will be a new model coming as its replacement.
Have you guys heard anything about that? Or will there be any new product fall between $600-$800 launched to the market in the foreseeable future?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Nothing in the grapevine, I've heard. If you're on PC, and are looking towards Thrustmaster, the TS-XW is the best you can get right now. It runs about $700 and comes with the TP3A pedals, so it's a decent complete set out of the box. You can add the shifter, the Load Cell pedals, or other wheels later, if you like.

Nothing in the grapevine, I've heard. If you're on PC, and are looking towards Thrustmaster, the TS-XW is the best you can get right now. It runs about $700 and comes with the TP3A pedals, so it's a decent complete set out of the box. You can add the shifter, the Load Cell pedals, or other wheels later, if you like.
Appreciate the input. After many hours on watching youtube video of wheels, my focus is now picking between TS-XW Racer Sparco P310, TS-PC Racer and TS-PC Racer Farrari 488 Edition.

A new wheel base from Thrustmaster is under development with Polyphony Digital to go with Gran Turismo 7 release... My source says... from a sponsored (by Thrustmaster) sim racing guy in France (not me)

This is one of the reason we cannot find the T-GT anymore since 2020.

Last edited:
Even if they reduce the price this base is too old technology.
Aren't all the available wheelbases old technology these days? I mean gear driven, single belt, dual belt and even direct drive wheels have all been around for ages. The electronics in all of them haven't progressed much either.

Finally I got TS-PC Ferrari 488 Edition, TH8A and T-LCM.
It exceeded my budget by more than $200 but screw them, I won't be looking for any upgrade in probably 8 or 10 years anyways.
Except maybe one more piece of handbrake. But yea.... I do feel they worth the money spent.

Aren't all the available wheelbases old technology these days? I mean gear driven, single belt, dual belt and even direct drive wheels have all been around for ages. The electronics in all of them haven't progressed much either.
The first were gear driven wheels, after that dual belt, then single belt and DD wheels.
From this point of view dual belt is old technology.
And the difference between DD and the other old technologys is significant.

The first were gear driven wheels, after that dual belt, then single belt and DD wheels.
From this point of view dual belt is old technology.
And the difference between DD and the other old technologys is significant.
I would have thought both belt types (single and dual) were about the same age and would pre-date both Thrustmaster and Fanatec. Back then it was just to get away with using a less powerful motor. Actually, it still is now. I know you know all of this but sim wheels have been around for a long, long time now... just not as mainstream as they are now. My first wheel was a bungee cord wheel back in the 90's :embarrassed:.

And I know DD wheels are far better than belt but there's really nothing new about them. DD wheels may be new to console but they've been around for ever (slight exaggeration :P) and the motor's that drive them are seriously old tech. They're also far more expensive and thus far harder to justify. The Podium F1 is $2.8k AUD here (with no pedals) and that's a cheap DD set up :eek:.

T300 RS is worth considering, it's still a very good base, I've got one with the sparco wheel. And I got it used for like £200 in UK.

I had a fanatec elite before, and I think this is better IMO.

I nearly got a T-GT used, but things on eBay have been a bit silly during lockdown. They go for lots.

I sold my Fanatec for £720 and I only paid £500 for it a year ago. Paid for a new base, wheel, T-LCM pedals, TH8A shifter and mods. :D

Last edited:
Back