Any one have fun while grinding Indy on American Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HondaElement
  • 18 comments
  • 1,307 views
Messages
376
Messages
lovetranquillity
It is boring doing this race 100s of times to get cash but it is not so bad when you get creative.

What I tend to do is drift across every turn, drive across the grass, have a huge crash and try to catch up with the rest, drive entirely in 5th gear. or try to murder the AI. I find that doing weird things in the this race makes it more fun than just going in a circle forever.

Anyone else do things like this?
 
Last edited:
I did that til 20m, then did another 200 laps on the course for 250k in the endurance race.
 
i couldn't take it anymore so I started doing b-spec =(
 
It is boring doing this race 100s of times to get cash but it is not so bad when you get creative.

What I tend to do is drift across every turn, drive across the grass, have a huge crash and try to catch up with the rest, drive entirely in 5th gear. or try to murder the AI. I find that doing weird things in the this race makes it more fun than just going in a circle forever.

Anyone else do things like this?

To make it more interesting you could do the whole race holding the rear view button:)
 
I'm at work and my autonomous A-Spec X2010 is at home blazing away repeatedly in the Dream Car Challenge version of Indy. He finishes it about every 8 minutes and restarts automatically. When I go home in the morning after being gone at work for 14hrs he will have earned me about 12 million cr. Auto-GRIND FTW!

I don't feel bad about this as I've already completed over 98% of the game w/out doing anything like this. Now that it takes as many or more XP to get from 35-40 as it does from 1-35 I don't feel bad. I probably wouldn't be doing it if there were many different challenges still remaining. However, with golds in nearly everything (Stage 1 at Nederwand or whatever yet to be done) I don't have the events or opportunities to gain any good sized chunks of XP. Thus I'm a-spec grinding away!
 
I'm at work and my autonomous A-Spec X2010 is at home blazing away repeatedly in the Dream Car Challenge version of Indy. He finishes it about every 8 minutes and restarts automatically. When I go home in the morning after being gone at work for 14hrs he will have earned me about 12 million cr. Auto-GRIND FTW!

I don't feel bad about this as I've already completed over 98% of the game w/out doing anything like this. Now that it takes as many or more XP to get from 35-40 as it does from 1-35 I don't feel bad. I probably wouldn't be doing it if there were many different challenges still remaining. However, with golds in nearly everything (Stage 1 at Nederwand or whatever yet to be done) I don't have the events or opportunities to gain any good sized chunks of XP. Thus I'm a-spec grinding away!

How do you make the race auto-restart? O.o
 
No, because I don't find US cars very interesting. That's why I grind on Like the Wind or Dreamcars with cars I enjoy :)
 
what does the american champ indy (single race) pay? cant remember
i had been grinding tokyo in the gt races for 83.000 when i cant be arsed to do the whole dreamcar championshed
 
what does the american champ indy (single race) pay? cant remember
i had been grinding tokyo in the gt races for 83.000 when i cant be arsed to do the whole dreamcar championshed

I think it is 117,000 for the American Champ. Both races give the same amount but the Indy is under 4 minutes with a Race mod corvette or Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II. I think the grinding sucks but the payoff is worth it. I try to drift the inside ring on the inside of the grass. It is kinda fun, I figured that this race is really easy and boring so why not do stupid things and try to make it fun.
 
oh, 10 laps at tokyo for 83.000
vs 5 laps of indy for 93.000
nice call op
 
oh, 10 laps at tokyo for 83.000
vs 5 laps of indy for 93.000
nice call op

Or 10 laps @ approx 43 seconds/lap while you're away...
108,000 cr every 8 minutes... The only catch is you'll need a X2010 which I earned at Aspec 30 and Bspec 35. (No freebie trades for mine..I earned them)

Hard to argue that one on CR/Minute of time you spend at the PS controls :-)

Someone put a link up on how to do it. I use a similar method. USB Keyboard w/numberpad "Enter" Taped down, two rubber bands directing throttle with steering SLIGHTLY to the right...

I'm at work and just logged in to us.gran-turismo.com to see what my progress was...

You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 minute ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.9 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.17 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.24 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.32 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.40 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.48 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.56 minutes ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.1 hour ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.2 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.3 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.4 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.5 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.6 hours ago
You won the "A:Dream Car Championship:Superspeedway - Indy" event race.7 hours ago

These 54 wins are only part of the log..it goes on for 12+hrs.

54 wins *108000 = 5832000cr
 
Last edited:
I fiddled around with the tuning before each race, that added some slight interest. Then I'd try to get as close to the walls as possible without touching them. That was pretty exciting :rolleyes: Switched from the RM corvette to a RM Camaro.

Eventually I couldn't take it any more and switched to doing the European Championship instead. It pays slightly less, but I'll happily take a small pay cut for the variety it offers.

Now I just have my B-spec guys do the Dream Car Championship over and over for a million credits each time.
 
Guys I can asure you that you will have much more fun grinding the Ring with the DTM cars in the Deutche Touring Champs'.

99,000 credits and more XP than Indy and only around 7 mins in a stock DTM car. You can even do like I have done. Buy all the available cars (14 I think) and do a test on which is best.

More fun and you'll learn a darn site more than just going around in circles.
 
Yup.
I do it like 50+ time plus already. Never get bored. 👍
 
Oh yeah, if I'm actually driving and paying attention (I spent about 3 minutes at my playstation to win over 70 races) then I definitely prefer the ring! But if I'm using rubber bands to drive and I'm not even there? INDY is best.
 
Back