Any order?

United States
Jacksonville,Fl
GOESREALFAST_455
When tuning there are several items that address the same issues. For example you can increase the tire pressure to assist in understeer. One might also adjust the front sway bar or soften front springs, etc. It there a best way to address an issue in order. Example: adjust air pressure first, if this doesn't resolve issue go to front springs, if this doesn't resolve issue go to front sway bar, etc??:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry for a late response, you can check these video tutorials:
that I have found very helpful, and yes, from simple to complex, I would start with tyre pressure, brake balance and weight bias.

Last edited:
Back when PCARS games showed tire temperatures, I only adjusted tire pressures to maintain optimal tire temperatures. I never used it for handling balance because it never seemed to make a big difference, and you won't get optimal tire temperatures. I'd only tweak tire pressures if you have no other option, like if you haven't upgraded the suspension and have no adjustments for that.

Last edited:
When tuning there are several items that address the same issues. For example you can increase the tire pressure to assist in understeer. One might also adjust the front sway bar or soften front springs, etc. It there a best way to address an issue in order. Example: adjust air pressure first, if this doesn't resolve issue go to front springs, if this doesn't resolve issue go to front sway bar, etc??:confused::confused::confused:

Usually I start with changing the toe and sway bars after I've purchased suspension upgrades. I find the default spring setups to be ok.

Steps.
Purchase track suspension or motorsport suspension, and then buy a tune slot for 100c. This will then automatically install the upgraded suspension and you get a decent default setup. You'll see the default setup will have lowered the car and stiffened the springs and added camber for you. This is a good baseline. If you don't buy a tune slot I'm not sure if the suspension upgrade will get applied so I think it is important to buy the tune slot. From here I touch up on the toe and the sway bar to suit your driving style.

For example: Sway bar settings
1. Stiffen the front for understeer.
2. Stiffen the rear for oversteer.

Adjust the toe for how sensitive you like the steering wheel to be. Toe in for calmer setup, toe out for aggressive and more sensitive steering.

Project Cars 3 tuning is really impressive. The more I play with tunes, the more I am appreciating this game.

Try to upgrade a NSX, RX7, GTR, Supra into a Road C class car and use it for Road C cali counter event at Willow Springs. You'll find that by fine tuning the suspension you can really lower your laptimes from a good suspension tune.

Last edited:
Chris Haye produced a video series on tuning a couple of years ago.

My tuning experience consist mostly of turning traction control on and off (sometimes I even dabble with ABS), so I can't say whether it is any good, but it appears to be comprehensive. Hope it helps.

Back