Any plans on switching DLC policy...

• Thread starter fernandito
  • 12 comments

fernandito

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
...and revert it back to pc1?

It is no only that neither the dlc cars can no longer be picked by clients that join a dlc lobby, but now even worse, the dlc tracks as well..

PC1 DLC policy actually encouraged others to purchase the extra stuff they contained, cars or tracks. In other words It was a very positive one. This applied to me so I know what I'm talking about here.

Now we have the complete opposite with a restrictive one. The outcome?, community splitting, which will take further and harder hit once the third forthcoming DLC packs with all the cool stuff arrive eventually, splitting the community even more.

I can't believe I won't be able to use my F40 factory in any road car lobby once the dlc pack is out, and be restricted to using only offline, and with a bit of luck in another dlc ONLY lobby. What's the point in purchasing the DLC packs then?.

Please SMS consider this.

I don't know about consoles but I'm sure I read on here or on the pCARS public forum that patch 3 on PC had accidentally (either genuinely or on purpose, I have no idea) opened up DLC to work the way it did in pCARS1. I haven't checked so I don't know if that's true or not.

Also, who says the F40 roadcar is definitely coming? Nothing is confirmed yet so I'd wait for the DLC to arrive before getting too excited. Plans change so whatever content might have been discovered is not necessarily content that will arrive. That happened during pCARS1 and pCARS2 development so I prefer to wait and see what I get, rather than possibly get disappointed at not getting something I was expecting to get :)

I don't know about consoles but I'm sure I read on here or on the pCARS public forum that patch 3 on PC had accidentally (either genuinely or on purpose, I have no idea) opened up DLC to work the way it did in pCARS1. I haven't checked so I don't know if that's true or not.

Also, who says the F40 roadcar is definitely coming? Nothing is confirmed yet so I'd wait for the DLC to arrive before getting too excited. Plans change so whatever content might have been discovered is not necessarily content that will arrive. That happened during pCARS1 and pCARS2 development so I prefer to wait and see what I get, rather than possibly get disappointed at not getting something I was expecting to get :)

Well, as long as the 911 RSR GTE is still confirmed for the Porsche Pack, I'm fine with that ;).

Also, who says the F40 roadcar is definitely coming?
It was spotted in the leak one month and a half ago.

Anyway to the point. People can't join DLC lobbies like in PC1. Will that be reverted?, It does more harm than good given it doesn't encourage others buying it, because DLC packs are borderline useless if you can not enjoy it with others online but a few.[/QUOTE]

It was spotted in the leak one month and a half ago.

Anyway to the point. People can't join DLC lobbies like in PC1. Will that be reverted?, It does more harm than good given it doesn't encourage others buying it, because DLC packs are borderline useless if you can not enjoy it with others online but a few.
[/QUOTE]
You can race your DLC car in any lobby as long as the host doesn't pick "identical" for car class, the DLC tracks, on the other hand,
will be limited.

That'll be sad. I know it didn't have a ingame image like the other Porsches did, but it actually got the boot? That's unfortunate.

We don't know - nothing has been either confirmed or denied by SMS, and they are the only people who can officially say what will or won't be in the DLC packs. I'd suggest not getting your hopes up based on leaks/hacks, but also not getting too disappointed by what isn't in those either. Wait and see :)

Well, as long as the 911 RSR GTE is still confirmed for the Porsche Pack, I'm fine with that ;).

This is the 911 RSR which I'm hoping for - the 1974-5 RSR 3.0. 52 were produced and raced in period with the Ferrari Daytona, Chevrolet Corvette and De Tomaso Pantera GT4. We have the Daytona, but at the moment have none of its competitors.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RSR-3.0-55686.jpg

This is the 911 RSR which I'm hoping for - the 1974-5 RSR 3.0. 52 were produced and raced in period with the Ferrari Daytona, Chevrolet Corvette and De Tomaso Pantera GT4. We have the Daytona, but at the moment have none of its competitors.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RSR-3.0-55686.jpg

I'm actually starting to think that, if they wanted to put the 911 RSR GTE in the game, they would have put it in at the start. Those classes have quite good variety already.

I'm actually starting to think that, if they wanted to put the 911 RSR GTE in the game, they would have put it in at the start. Those classes have quite good variety already.

Maybe they will add one with the Porsche pack and the other with the Le Mans pack. I don't know if the Le Mans pack will just feature overall winners or if it will also include some class winners. I hope we get some class winners so there is greater variety and hopefully there is also an emphasis on picking cars which are competitors for ones already in the game.

The DLC is a waste if you can't use it online. They really need to revert back to DLC being a "single player" benefit in that if you have the DLC you can use it offline and can therefore practice with it - both cars and tracks. Online though - all players should be able to join any track or use any car if the host has the DLC.

Back