Any quick DIY wawy to make the G29 brake pedal less stiff?

DesertPenguin09

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin09
I'm pressing it using what I think is full force but GT6 and PCars HUD data shows I'm at around 90%, then I really push on them to get to 100%. That's not right. I need to reach 100% easily. What can I do without buying anything? They're the same exact parts as the G27 pedals?

I'm pressing it using what I think is full force but GT6 and PCars HUD data shows I'm at around 90%, then I really push on them to get to 100%. That's not right. I need to reach 100% easily. What can I do without buying anything? They're the same exact parts as the G27 pedals?
In pcars just calibrate the brake to as far as you are comfortable applying it, that will then become your 100%. I set my clutch to around 35 to 40% as an alternative example.

However it is worth noting that in reality brakes do get very resistant and stiff at full application on track designed cars. An F1 car requires around 85 kilos of pressure to fully apply the brakes.

Yea, I figured it was more realistic but it's too hard for me. Good to know for PCars. That will definitely help me to confidently brake later and harder.

but it's too hard for me.
Give yourself one month to get used to the harder brake pedal because as @Scaff said it is more realistic.
After one month if it is still too hard you can do this:

YOU WILL VOID THE PEDALS WARRANTY!

This is the brake pedal spring:

лоджитек.png

Remove the rubber bumper and the brake pedal will become the same as G27 brake pedal.

You could always cut the G29's rubber stopper down a bit. Or invest in a GTEYE or NIXIM brake mod.

Last edited:
You'll have to ask someone who has G27 pedals,but as far as I know it is not hard enough.
G27 Brake pedal is certainly light. At least you can hit 100% without effort.

After a few laps muscle memory kicks in for braking/lock up points so it's not too bad.

The new G29 Brake pedal seems as though it's meant to be used with footwear. I'm usually in socks.

G27 Brake pedal is certainly light. At least you can hit 100% without effort.

After a few laps muscle memory kicks in for braking/lock up points so it's not too bad.

The new G29 Brake pedal seems as though it's meant to be used with footwear. I'm usually in socks.
Footwear might help to give more force. I moved the gas and brake pedal as far over as possible to allow as much room between the two and took off the clutch pedal because I don't use it. Yes I'm not really manually shifting but it's close enough

Footwear might help to give more force. I moved the gas and brake pedal as far over as possible to allow as much room between the two and took off the clutch pedal because I don't use it. Yes I'm not really manually shifting but it's close enough
Some games give options to map Brake to another pedal. Mapping to the clutch would be an alternative for left foot braking.

Back