any reason for all my cars handling like plates of spaghetti?

Australia
Australia
HDTCommodore
well?

probably because i turned off driving aids, but i have them off in other gts (3/5/6) and im fine playing these. basically you can't do a lap properly without serious oversteer

my main cars are:
XJ220 LM race car (probably turbo 3/4 maybe too powerful)
XJR-9 (stock, wheelspin in straight line is ridiculous in 1st-3rd gear)
Chapparal 2J (turbo 3, no surprises here)
Cerbera Speed 12 (supercharged, none here either)
CLK-GTR (haven't driven for aaaages)

a quote comes to mind: "like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase" ~ Clarkson

and a few of these all i was doing was trying to do a good lap of r246, and i've always been boss at this track.

My 787B on GT3 drives flawlessly

so do my high end gt5 cars

tried comparing to a nissan R92C/R89C or whatever which wasnt mine on sarthe but couldnt turn off the aids as it was a driving mission. it was fine too but isnt much of a comparison.

can upload vids if you like

thanks

well?

probably because i turned off driving aids, but i have them off in other gts (3/5/6) and im fine playing these. basically you can't do a lap properly without serious oversteer

my main cars are:
XJ220 LM race car (probably turbo 3/4 maybe too powerful)
XJR-9 (stock, wheelspin in straight line is ridiculous in 1st-3rd gear)
Chapparal 2J (turbo 3, no surprises here)
Cerbera Speed 12 (supercharged, none here either)
CLK-GTR (haven't driven for aaaages)

a quote comes to mind: "like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase" ~ Clarkson

and a few of these all i was doing was trying to do a good lap of r246, and i've always been boss at this track.

My 787B on GT3 drives flawlessly

so do my high end gt5 cars

tried comparing to a nissan R92C/R89C or whatever which wasnt mine on sarthe but couldnt turn off the aids as it was a driving mission. it was fine too but isnt much of a comparison.

can upload vids if you like

thanks

Something I do that sounds weird but seems to make a difference is shifting the weight-distribution slider without adding any ballast. Very few RL cars are 50/50. In general, front-engined biases (-), mid and rear-engined bias (+). As an example, I know that the RL distribution on the Ford GT 40 and '05 GT is f43/r57, so the slider goes to +7. Bat-cars and go-karts like the 787B and Speed 8 in RL tend to around 40/60, so I run those at +10. Rear-engined cars can windshield-wiper around the rear axle. I have experienced this in RL and it is most exciting.
If I put in a big turbo, I also put in wider gears. There is only so much power the tires can transmit to the road.
It will be interesting to hear if this makes a difference for you also or it's only in my brain.

playing gt3 as i type, but when i play gt4 ill try these methods. might not be for a while though, i'm going to wwe tomorrow then to the snow.

Something I do that sounds weird but seems to make a difference is shifting the weight-distribution slider without adding any ballast. Very few RL cars are 50/50. In general, front-engined biases (-), mid and rear-engined bias (+). As an example, I know that the RL distribution on the Ford GT 40 and '05 GT is f43/r57, so the slider goes to +7. Bat-cars and go-karts like the 787B and Speed 8 in RL tend to around 40/60, so I run those at +10. Rear-engined cars can windshield-wiper around the rear axle. I have experienced this in RL and it is most exciting.
If I put in a big turbo, I also put in wider gears. There is only so much power the tires can transmit to the road.
It will be interesting to hear if this makes a difference for you also or it's only in my brain.
didnt seem to help the xjr9 unfortunately. that annoys me because the 2j will only be worse and nothing else is worth entering in the gtwc with. do you think i should just look for a new car? (minolta/r82c most likely) i'll check my day, i think the black cars in the used dealer are coming up.

That's why the driving aids are on as standard; a lot of cars, even cars such as the Cien and TVR's can have very little rear grip with no aids on. If you have a PS2 controller try holding the accelerator button softer, or if you use a wheel don't just floor it; be lighter on the throttle like you'd have to be in a real car.

didnt seem to help the xjr9 unfortunately. that annoys me because the 2j will only be worse and nothing else is worth entering in the gtwc with. do you think i should just look for a new car? (minolta/r82c most likely) i'll check my day, i think the black cars in the used dealer are coming up.
Are you using a wheel or controller? Huge difference. Also, progressive throttle is a fact of life with high powered cars, in gt4 as in rl. On cars that have adjustable down-force, I run very light in front, on the order of 16-20. I don't have an xjr9 so I'm raising the cash to buy one to play with. Having said that, the gtwc was difficult for me to win. It is a very fast series, tire wear and strategy are definite factors, and the field you are racing against also makes a difference. I've won it with the Nissan R92c and the Minolta Toyota (always with driving aids off) using a wheel. It took a number of tries to get it sorted out, and for me it came down to always having to win the last race.

thanks. i usually use a controller. i was finding that being easy on the accelerator helped. same went for my mirage with turbo/nos. you just couldnt floor that. i won't be doing any racing for a while though, I broke my collarbone skiing. Sling for 5 weeks.

="I broke my collarbone skiing. Sling for 5 weeks.

Ouch!
Yes the throttle is very hard to handle with no driver aids, as with them on it would simply hold of if any wheelspin was occurring, whereas without them on you'll get wheelspin non stop

thanks. reminds me again of my mirage cyborg. when i get back on i'll try that with the xjr. i did try that and it helped. when i turned off driver aids 1st time i always thought that it must just let off the accelerator and i can do that myself.

Back