Any SSX Tricky lovers out there?

• Thread starter Giancarlo
  • 21 comments
Hey, I got to play the game on GameCube about 2 weeks ago, and it was sweet! After playing that, I bought myself a PS2, and some games (one being SSX Tricky). The only problem is..... That I can't play it till my Birthday on the 9th of Feb =( Heck It's only 11 more days.... I'll be sure n let you know all my fav's once I get the game. By the way, what's all of your favorite things for the game?

I have it on the Xbox (Wish I had bought it on the PS2, it's pretty unpolished in comparison to the original SSX, despite the "graphical enhancements") and love the game.
I think my favorite character is Elise (Especially with the voice of Lucy Lu :eek: ) JP is up there too. Brodi would have been, but they picked Billy Zane for the voice, and I think he's about the worst actor ever...

I love it I am still beating it with eddie at the moment my fav trick has to be the Uber trick The Worm followed by the 2nd Uber Trick Superman Air. I also liked it when i did a 1800 on Alaska last night :)

1800?

I've only managed a 1440, but then I've played it probably 4 times :) I've still got the 2 starter characters and 3 tracks.

Must play more. Must play more.

Good laugh in 2 player mode :)

Originally posted by MildMatt
1800?

I've only managed a 1440, but then I've played it probably 4 times :) I've still got the 2 starter characters and 3 tracks.

Yeah I had to "wind" up Eddie for around 5 seconds before the jump and i did the 1800 in around 5 seconds, Eddie has max stats, Uber Board and the chrome outfit :)

Originally posted by BlueSand
Hey, I got to play the game on GameCube about 2 weeks ago, and it was sweet! After playing that, I bought myself a PS2, and some games (one being SSX Tricky). The only problem is..... That I can't play it till my Birthday on the 9th of Feb =( Heck It's only 11 more days.... I'll be sure n let you know all my fav's once I get the game. By the way, what's all of your favorite things for the game?

Mac's my favorite chracter, got about full stats on him, My favortie trick is any Misty trick (diagonal flip), and my favorite track is definitely Tokyo Megaplex. So many suprises, and a piece of cake to get "TRICKY" filled up. :D

Originally posted by MildMatt
1800?

I once did such a big Misty Experimental (where you lift one leg off the board and hold the board is some way), that the little name at the bottom of the screen just read "???". No lie. :D :D

PS2
Full stat points
At the title screen hold L1 + R1 then press Triangle x2, right, tri x2, down, X x2, left, X x2, up then let go of L1=R1. You should hear a noise if entered correctly.

Play as a new character a DJ
At the main title Screen Press and Hold L1 + R1 Then press x,x,right,x,x,down,x,x,left,x,x,up then let go and you should hear a chime telling you that it has confirmed the code. Then you just select your favourite character and track and when the mach starts you should be playing as a DJ.

Unlock Everything
(Hold) L1+R1
X, triangle, left, O, square ,down, triangle, square, left, O, X, up
(Release) L1+R1

Xbox
ANNETE board code
At the title screen, hold L1 + R1 and press XA, right, XA, down, XA, left, XA, UP. Now release and you should hear the ''ping'' sound.

This code works only for Kaori and allows her to have a full TRICKY meter from the start, her Master outfit, as well as super-fast speed and tricks.

Mallora Board code
At the title screen, hold L1 + R1 and press AA, right, BB, down, YY, left, XX, UP. Now release and you should hear the ''ping'' sound.

This code only works for Elise. The Mallora board raises your stats by one point each and sports a mettalic blue tinge with a woman on the underside of the board.

Mix-Master Mike Boarder
At the title screen, hold L1 + R1 and press A, A, right, B, B, down, Y, Y, left, X, X, UP. Let go of the bottom buttons to hear a confirmation sound. The change is purely cosmetic.

Gamecube
Unlock everything
At the title screen if you push A,B,A,X,Y,UP DOWN UP DOWN,and you should here the word tricky from the song. If you didn't put the code in correctly your game will restart.

Cool, huh? :D

Any of y’all cracked a million points yet? I scored 950,000 at Alaska and 970,000 at Mercury City, just one big uber jump away for both, and felt absolutely defeated by getting so close and missing on both of those runs.

Originally posted by GCstyle

I once did such a big Misty Experimental (where you lift one leg off the board and hold the board is some way), that the little name at the bottom of the screen just read "???". No lie. :D :D

I've done the same thing, I have done a quadruple misty flip with just about all the grabs on tokyo, u have to use the trick boost though 😈 I think I got nearly 1 million points for it maybe less.

Yes but i did it with the Wiener board and half stats. ;) And i'm sure you know how hard it is to stick a landing in that wind tunnel jump. :D

Hehe, i'm begginning to become obsessed with Garibaldi. Best place for replays. :smilewink

Dammit i love this game. Everytime i play i learn something new. Today, i found out that you can contort the character's body while they're still in the air doing flips! :eek:

Yeah they really pushed the envelope compared to the game's predesessor. I trust you've checked out the DVD Moments. ;)

Back