ANY sub400 TV brand with good enough inbuilt speakers?

• Thread starter darioL
  • 2 comments
Im gonna buy in the coming days a 4k tv with HDR around 400euros(i currently use my 27" fullHD monitor with panasonic headphones).. i'm looking for something around 40" so there's a lot of choice, but what about sound? is there any brand that is particularly good with its in built speakers, these days? I know sound bars are pretty much the norm now but i was looking for something that might offer decent sound without em.

I don't know how much they cost (or even if the same model is available) where you are, but I've got a Samsung UE40MU6400, the speakers are decent enough. I'm not an audiophile but I feel no need to augment them with a sound bar, if I want better sound I can connect my bluetooth headphones (Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2s). It was £470, reduced to £420 in 2017's Black Friday sales, so if you can still get them new I imagine you might be able to find one at around the same price.

Some older LG tv's come with a Harman Kardon speakers inbuilt, but it's mostly just the larger screened higher end models, I have one myself with built in 40w 2.1ch and it sounds great.

The thing is that in many places you can still sometimes get models from the previous year or two for nicely discounted prices.
(I bought a 2016 LG 55UH850V for less than half of it's original price a full year after it's launch)

Did some looking around and found this .. Refurbed LG 49SJ800V which is a 2017 model, and you can see it's price history in the graph here, it's still costly for new. I think it's the lowest of the range with HK speakers and is only 20w 2.0ch, I doubt you'll find a model with the 40w 2.1ch for less than £800 if at all.

This model is still looking very pricey for a new one where you are too. shame. :indiff:

Last edited:
Back