Any suggestions for the GT Cup Gr.3 on Daytona?

Ireland
Louth
DanDaMan1992
dandaman1992
I've tried using the Mazda Vision GT which I used for the WTC 800 and won quite handily in that race & the TOM's Supra, but for the life of me I cannot seem to overtake 1st or second in this race. I've also tried pitting a lap before them but they catch up to me no problems after they've pitted themselves. Anyone got any advice?

I used the Stealth RX-Vision GT3 with a high RPM turbo and RH, RM tires. Pitted on lap 5 and put on RM by mistake, they will be sketchy at the end. You will have to play with the fuel map also to make 5 laps. Try to draft the AI on the oval and drop map to 6 when up to speed. t's quite the challenge.

This is a frustrating race due to the PP system being bugged. You can shorten the gears on the transmission and as long as the top speed/final gear tops about 242km/hr a stock Mazda Vision Stealth will be about 689 PP. Lengthen the final gear one more click and the PP jumps all the way up to 740, lol. I finally beat it in the Audi prize car, but it was a frustrating race

It also comes down to luck whether the two lead cars pit once or twice. This race was really killing me with the leaders stretching to a one-stop while keeping pace close to mine. Got lucky on the second day trying and they happened to pit on lap 4.

The AI pace seems to be all over the place. I'll have the same drivers in the same cars suddenly run 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster than before. Also helps to pinpoint who the faster ones are and try to enter the race with them shuffled to the back. The fields are randomized every time you enter the event from the world selection.

I had to do this with the WTC600 races because the American in the Lambo would always run away as soon as he took the lead. Even matching my fastest laps.

Hey guys. Just to confirm, this is the World Touring Car 800 at Daytona, the 3rd event from the left where max PP is 800....correct? If so then yes, I can confirm this race is kicking my butt too! I might just go ahead and drop difficulty down from Expert to Normal for this one. I tried the Supra 500 and the Audi race car and the guy in 1st is just way too fast. Maybe I should try the Mazda. Someone in another forum mentioned using the Radical. I'd love to try it out but can't because my game crashes when I try to purchase a car. Good job PD 🙄
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Gonna try having a crack at this again after seeing some of these recommendations. The pace of the AI's cars are definitely all over the place. I've noticed some serious rubberbanding in the GT Cup Gr.4 race on Brands Hatch. I had a nice 8/9 second lead all the way until the last lap when a Corvette channels its inner Schumacher and I win by 5 tenths of a second.

Back