any suggestions to check @ exclusive demo

  • Thread starter Thread starter McGti
  • 22 comments
  • 1,895 views
Messages
80
Hi all,
I have won a price via a Dutch playstation website to check gran turismo 5 @ Sony's Dutch HQ in Amsterdam, any ideas or toughts on wat things I should check in this version of GT5? (I will also be able to check GT5 in 3D By the way)
 
Rattle throught the track list and car marquee list and see if anything we dont know yet comes up. Also, find the car paint customizer ;-)
 
I don't think there's much to check out, that you wont see initially. Just browse through the menu if you can, I'm sure they don't want you looking though it, but just play stupid and press back a few time ;)
 
See if the honking works. It might be done by pressing down the left stick.
 
Please try checking with a NASCAR Cup car if on ovals (and if they are included) the car tends to slowly drift to the left when not holding the wheel with one or both hands.
 
Please try checking with a NASCAR Cup car if on ovals (and if they are included) the car tends to slowly drift to the left when not holding the wheel with one or both hands.

It doesn't from what we've seen so far. And to be honest, I think it's better that way, at least for those using controllers. If there's an option to enable or disable it that could also work, especially for those who have wheels. But being forced to constantly straighten the car with a controller would be very annoying.
 
Aah cool you are going to Room299! I also was there, great to check out GT5. When I was there they had an old build :( Have fun!
 
just have fun and enjoy what you can and then report back ;)
 
It can't be an "option". It's a consequence of the asymmetric suspension setup of NASCAR cars which allows an even tire wear on ovals (have you ever tried racing on the Twin Ring Motegi speedway in GT4? Most of the time one had to pit because of one tire getting chewed).

Maybe the suspension setup for NASCAR Cup cars found in various public demo was a general, symmetrical one suitable for all circuits. But asymmetric/four point suspension tuning just has to be implemented, together with tire temperatures/pressure control (these two last things especially are really the basics not only of NASCAR/ovals, but of sport driving itself, but I understand they would go outside the scope of a simple demo or the arcade mode).
 
See if the honking works. It might be done by pressing down the left stick.

It was confirmed in the Best Buy demo.
 
Try to flip some cars, and erhm, when exactely are you going?
 
Get a 458 Italia and do a really, I mean really fast lap around the nurburgring, let's see if that thing is sub-7 minute capable. :trouble:
 
haha i have enough time i will def try to get below 7min :P
very good idea to just act stupid and scroll in de menu's!
 
The thing is, were it not for the fact that it is TGS this week, and the game launching soon, I'd be happy for more opinions and feedback, but it's all getting old now. Unless you can bring something new to the party, nobody really cares too much to be brutally honest. So you won a competition, good for you, go and enjoy it, but don't expect to turn the GT world upside down by revealing something previously unknown.
 
Lo beams / Hi beams ?
 
Lo beams / Hi beams ?
Right, or how about heated rear screens and heated wing mirrors for when it is frosty? Of course, that is if the weather can be confirmed at this mystery competition as well.
 
The thing is, were it not for the fact that it is TGS this week, and the game launching soon, I'd be happy for more opinions and feedback, but it's all getting old now. Unless you can bring something new to the party, nobody really cares too much to be brutally honest. So you won a competition, good for you, go and enjoy it, but don't expect to turn the GT world upside down by revealing something previously unknown.

LOL, I'm only giving people the opportunity te see whether i could test something that hasn't been seen in video's.

Tell me are you upset for waiting such a long time to play GT5?

with kind regards,
Dr. McGti
 
LOL, I'm only giving people the opportunity te see whether i could test something that hasn't been seen in video's.

Tell me are you upset for waiting such a long time to play GT5?

with kind regards,
Dr. McGti
Not upset at all - can't wait for the game, been looking forward to it since buying my first PS3 when it launched. I just don't think that you will be able to reveal something new that hasn't been seen already, or that will not be revealed at TGS.
 
LOL, I'm only giving people the opportunity te see whether i could test something that hasn't been seen in video's.

Tell me are you upset for waiting such a long time to play GT5?

with kind regards,
Dr. McGti

cant see at the mo, excuse me if you have already said... but when are you going to this?
 
Sorry should have mentioned that: this friday @ 16:00-19:00 CET
I've been asked by Djie to write somehting for www.GTHQ.nl, i will translate my story and post it here!

@ Mr Frappy, i'm def not after revealing something spectacular i'm hoping for something like some new cars/tracks or just new menu options
 
Stunt Arena - Info please!
 
Please ask them in HQ, if we in europe will get a playable DEMO like they got in the United States (Best Buy).

it will save me sleepless nights !! :D
 
The thing is, were it not for the fact that it is TGS this week, and the game launching soon, I'd be happy for more opinions and feedback, but it's all getting old now. Unless you can bring something new to the party, nobody really cares too much to be brutally honest. So you won a competition, good for you, go and enjoy it, but don't expect to turn the GT world upside down by revealing something previously unknown.

My thoughts exactly.
 
Back